Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Banana Walnut 5 Grains

Happy Tuesday! Is it bad that I am already looking forward to 5 o'clock? Well, my plans for tonight don't help much either-- I'm antsy for fun! So, when we were home last weekend, Mal picked up his grill from his parents' house, and tonight we have plans to fire-it-up! I can't wait to enjoy the gorgeous weather and use our new grill! (Mal won the grill at a Harpoon event last summer and we haven't had a chance to use it yet.)

Breakfast this morning was Old Wessex 5 Grain Cereal with banana slices...


and vanilla yogurt and walnuts on top.

My workout was longer than usual this morning and I was running behind, so I ended up wolfing-down my breakfast. I hate that when it happens! I don't even enjoy my food.


Lots of work to get going on! I need some serious motivation! My mind is stuck on sunshine, grilled veggies, and turkey burgers!

9 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I don't blame you for wanting the day to be over with already - sounds like you have a wonderful evening planned!! Hope the day goes by quickly for you!!

Becca said...

Sounds like a fun night, I hope today goes by quickly for you.

I hate wolfing down breakfast as well, but at least you got a good workout in!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he won a grill?! That's awesome! Those things are so expensive. I'd be pretty excited about getting to grill too. =)

I hate eating my breakfast too fast, it's no fun. I usually take a good 30-40 minutes. But as long as you get your energy in, it's all good! Have a great Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Do you know the calorie count of the coconut date cookeies?

Allison said...

Tina,
I made the coconut date cookies last night...you are right, they are to die for.
After trying those, I figured I would also try yogurt on my oatmeal this morning...also delcious. I love how it is cool and creamy!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I did a general estimate of the ingredients, and each cookie works out to be about 75-80 calories.

18 dates ~ 350
1/2 cup oats ~ 150
1/2 cup shredded coconut ~ 250
1/4 cup brown sugar (Splenda) ~ 30
1 tbsp canola oil ~ 120
1/4 cup soy milk ~ 35

Total: 935/ 12 = 77 calories

Anonymous said...

Mmm dinner on the grill, that sounds lovely! I'm sure dinner time will be here before you know it

Suzie Petunia said...

I haven't eaten yet today, and the pictures of your food are making me so hungry! I need to eat better. I want to eat better. But I hate grocery shopping, so I usually end up eating what is in the cupboards. My kids and I need your talent for making delicious food!

Anonymous said...

Hey - LOVE your blog by the way! I've seen that you like to use "buffalo sauce" alot and I love the flavor - so I was wondering what kind you buy?? Thanks in advance!! ;)