Friday, May 23, 2008

Beautiful Day for a Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAL! What a beautiful day! I can't wait to celebrate later today!

I just got back from an hour run outside. It felt so great to get moving! I love sunny days like this where running is super enjoyable and relaxing. Here are a couple of shots from my run by the ocean...


The big, tall buildings in the background are Boston's skyline. You can see the Prudential in the first phot0 (above).


Part of my run was along the 2-mile "Road to Fitness" on Wollaston Beach. I love running by the beach... the scenery, ocean breeze, salty smells, sunshine... so lovely! My entire run was about 6 miles, but I stopped a few times to take some photos. 


On the last 1/4 mile of my run, I decided to make a pit stop at the Coffee Break Cafe. I always pass by it on my runs, but have never stopped in. Today seemed like the perfect day to give it a try, and I am so glad that I did! The Coffee Break Cafe was super cute inside, and the staff was so friendly. It's so close to our apartment too-- I can't wait to take Mal there. 


I ended up ordering a Strawberry-Mango Jet Tea, which was made with strawberries, mangos, green tea, fruit juice, ginseng, and ginkgo biloba. It was tasty, but filling. I drank about a 1/3 of it before putting it in the freezer for later. My stomach just couldn't handle it after a long run. I'm psyched though that I finally stopped in the Coffee Break Cafe. I have a feeling it's going to become a new favorite!


5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, the weather there looks positively FABULOUS!! Glad you got to go running.

Happy birthday, Mal! :0)

Becca said...

Wow, sounds like a fantastic start to your weekend! Boston looks beautiful today!

Happy Birthday, Mal!

Erin said...

I wish I could see scenery like that when I run!

The tea sounds so good!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

hello! i'm your new fans! love your blog! i'lll try to do it too :)

Anonymous said...

Tag - you're it