Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mal's Birthday Soiree

Boy, did we have a full house tonight! We invited about 20 people, but didn't think even half of them would come! I'm glad that we bought so much food! Here's a shot of the party food spread...


And here's our healthy option up close: raw veggies with hummus. Surprisingly, our guests devoured pretty much the whole thing... and somehow we have about 20 cookies leftover! I already asked Mal to take the cookies to school with him tomorrow. I can't be home alone all day with cookies-- I'd eat them all! :) 


Our friend, Marie made the most amazing Buffalo Chicken Dip for the party! I'm not exaggerating when I say this dip is amazing! It's probably my favorite dip ever, especially with my new Buffalo Sauce obsession! I don't know the exact measurements, but the ingredients are Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and shredded chicken. Marie told me she'd share the recipe with me-- I'll be sure to bug her for it. :)


Mal's Funfetti cake went over well with our guests! Here's Mr. Mal blowing out his candles... sorry for the blurry photo-- no flash! 


And here's my first piece of cake... I, um, had 3 pieces! The second 2 were small, but 3 pieces!?! I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow for sure! 

Time for bed! Good night, all! 

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that food spread sure is making me hungry. I wouldn't be able to have leftover cookies like that sitting around either.

And WOW that Buffalo Chicken Dip looks and sounds good... SO good.

Anonymous said...

haha your cake came out so pretty! looks like a fun time! happy birthday to Mal! and that buffalo dip sounds really interesting? shredded chicken? like really finely shredded? humph. yum!

Anonymous said...

I made that Buffalo Chicken Dip a few weeks ago for a party... Isn't it SO good! I changed the ingredients to use Reduced Fat & Fat Free products... Here's my recipe...

INGREDIENTS

* 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
* 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup FF Ranch dressing
* 3/4 cup Franks® Red Hot®
* 1 1/2 cups shredded FF Cheddar cheese
* 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
* 1 bag of tostitos scoops

Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Pour in a casserole dish. Mix in half of the shredded cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and broil for a few minutes until golden.

By the way, thanks for tagging me :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

I love the birthday candle picture! It looks like you took it like that purposely! love it!

Every time I have a party I make hummus with fresh veggies and it is almost always the first thing to go! maybe we have healthy friends? haha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mal!!! Beautiful array of food!! =)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely party!! SO glad that everyone enjoyed themselves - especially the birthday boy! :0)

I love how colorful that bowl of M&Ms looks, haha - I know, I'm easily amused ;0)

Oooh, that funfetti cake photograph (with all the candles) is amazing!

Anonymous said...

my old roommate from spain used to be OBSESSED with funfetti. she would talk about it all the time and one time we tried to make it using sprinkles. it didn't come outlike funfetti :(

Katy said...

That cake looks awesome! Just found your blog through Foodbuzz and we are getting married almost exactly one year apart! Mine is July 11, 2009! :-)

Becca said...

That buffalo chicken dip is awesome! Someone brought it into work before. Looks like it was a great party!