Friday, May 16, 2008

Feel Good Friday

Yay, 8 hours until the weekend! I'm really looking forward to it-- lots of fun stuff going on!

Tonight, Mal and I are meeting up in Coolidge Corner (my old hood) for dinner at Anna's Taqueria. If you live in Boston, you most likely know how amazing (and cheap) the food is at Anna's. (If you've never eaten at Anna's, make sure you do ASAP!) Anna's is a small chain of Mexican cuisine restaurants, where the food is made in an assembly-style process. The menu includes burritos, quesadillas, tacos, and other Mexican dishes. My favorite is the roasted veggie quesadilla with extra salsa! (I'm pretty sure that's what I will order tonight!) We don't live near any of the Anna's restaurant locations anymore, but every time we are in the area, Mal makes it a point to stop and get a burrito. He is obsessed!

After dinner, we are off to a surprise birthday party for one of Mal's college friends. I love surprise parties! I always get so jazzed for them! I hope the birthday day boy is truly surprised tonight! The party is at a bar in downtown Boston, but I'm not sure if I will drink tonight, maybe just one social cocktail. After Vegas and Pub Golf, and my Boston bachelorette coming up next weekend, I need to lay off the booze. All of that alcohol isn't doing my body any favors!

Ok, breakfast time...

This morning's meal was a bowl of bulgar with pumpkin and raisins and a spoonful of vanilla yogurt on top. I love this new yogurt addition to my morning grains! The cool, smoothness was a nice contrast to the warm, grainy bulgar.


My pumpkin bulgar was delicious, as always. However, it didn't seem to fill me up like it usually does. I ate around 7:30, and only a couple hours later, I am feeling hungry again. Maybe I just need some water? Let's hope the feeling passes... if it doesn't, I am prepared with an orange!



"Hey, I put some new shoes on, and suddenly everything is right..."

Look what came in the mail yesterday! New shoes! I finally found shoes that work with my shower dress. I ordered these Simply Vera Vera Wang Urbane Peep-Toe Heels from Kohls. (Grrrrr... I just looked up the shoe link, and noticed that they are on sale now! Don't you hate that?) I loovvee the Simply Vera Vera Wang line at Kohls! Some of the stuff is a little too funky for me, but some of it is wonderful, especially for the price! Anyway, I'm so relieved that I found shoes that I can wear with my dress and that I will wear again.

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Anna's!!!! so jealous...I miss it!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm moving to Boston at the end of the month and Anna's was one of the places my friend who went to BU told me I HAD to go to as soon as I got up there. I'm excited to try it and see if it's as good as everyone says!

Anne P said...

hot shoes!!! nice work :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, have fun at Anna's and at the party tonight!

Bulgar looks delicious, as always - good thing yu're prepared with the orange though!

LOOOOVE the new shoes - too cute!

Anonymous said...

cute shoes! are those kitten heels or flats?

Anonymous said...

Janna,

They are kitten heals, just a little lift for my short legs! :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

Kohl's might honor the sale price! (I am not sure of their policy...) but it doesn't hurt to call and ask :) Have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

I agree it is worth it to check with kohls. Stores will usually allow a price adjustment within 7 days or something like that.

Allison said...

Love the shoes!

Lucy said...

Love the shoes! I copied and pasted Kohl's price adjustment policy! Looks like you can get some $$ back!

What are price adjustments?

Basically, a price adjustment is a refund! In certain cases, we'll give you money back if you bought an item, only to discover it was on sale later.

If your situation meets all these criteria, you could be eligible for a price adjustment:

* You bought the item on sale or at regular price.
* Within two weeks (14 days) of the purchase date, the price of the item was further reduced from the final price you paid.
* You have the original, dated sales receipt.
* The item is not a Clearance markdown.

If you bought the item online at Kohls.com and you think you're eligible for a price adjustment, e-mail us using the option below. Or, call Customer Service toll-free at (866) 887-8884.

If you bought the item at a Kohl's Store near you, please visit the Customer Service Desk at that location with your receipt.

Back to Price Adjustments

Anonymous said...

BeeBeeRab,

You are wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing this information with me. I bought the shoes online, so I am going to call that customer service number right now. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are awesome! And they will work perfectly with that dress- great color combo.

I'm a fan of the Vera Wang stuff at Kohl's, too (hmm... maybe I'll have to make a trip on the way home today...)

Love the blog!

Cassie said...

Those shoes are fabulous! I absolutely love the color.

And that Mexican restaurant your going to tonight sounds wonderful! Enjoy! Can't wait to see what you order!

Anonymous said...

mmm anna's rocks!!
have fun tongiht :)

Danielle said...

Those shoes are adorable! Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my blogroll, I hope you don't mind :)

Jill said...

Those are WAY too cute! I want the shoes... boo...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shoes!