Thursday, May 15, 2008

Salad with Cabernet Vinegar

Whew, finally got my photos uploaded... Blogger was struggling. Gotta make tonight's dinner post quick-- season finale of The Office is on! 

Our refrigerator is looking pretty empty, so I threw together a bunch of random veggies and toppings and made a salad. The final product was lettuce with cherry tomatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts, dates, feta, and a hard-boiled egg. 


I topped my salad with cabernet vinegar, which is my newest obsession. Here's the description from the back of the bottle: 

"Rich. Red. Sauvignon grapes grown in Napa. Handmade & aged in oak barrels under the warm California sun. Intense & delicious with notes of fresh plum and cherry. Dazzle salads, enhance steak, marinades & pastas. Delicious over fresh sliced avocados with sea salt & crushed oregano." 

Can you say "yum"!?! The avocado suggestion is next on my list! 


I thought my meal needed more carbs and protein, so I added a piece of whole wheat bread topped with peanut butter and apple spread. 


Afternoon snack: Fage and canned pumpkin with raisins. I also added 1/2 a packet of Stevia to sweeten it up. I tried to eat it without the sweetener, but the combo of Fage and pumpkin was really bitter. I prefer my pumpkin Fage sweet! 


3 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, love the peanut butter & apple spread combination that you added to your bread - yum!

I'm watching 'The Office' too!!! I'm obsessed with that show :0) The season finale is FABULOUS so far!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

I don't know if you got that vinegar from there but if you really love it you should check HomeGoods- they sell that brand there at such a discount!!

Also, those cookies look amazing. I am going to have to try them.. Maybe with chocolate chips though haha

Cassie said...

Looks like you made a great meal out of whatever was in your fridge! And those cookies look amazing! Esp for a coconut lover like myself!