Friday, May 16, 2008

The Work Week is Winding Down

Only a few more hours until the work week is officially over! Anyone else super psyched for the weekend? I'm actually about to head out and take a leisurely stroll to the bookstore to peruse the books and magazines. (I love bookstores! I could spends hours there!) I've been eying a few vegan cookbooks recently... perhaps I will purchase one this afternoon!

Lunch today was a turkey sandwich with buffalo sauce on whole wheat bread. (Buffalo sauce and anything is my new favorite!)


A typical volume-eater maneuver-- cutting my sandwich into 4 pieces to make it last longer and seem like more food... it's also just more fun to eat a sandwich this way! Am I right?


With my sandwich, I also had some baby carrots and brussels sprouts with roasted red pepper hummus. I don't typically eat brussels sprouts cold or with hummus, but I really enjoyed them this way.


Dessert... best cookies ever: Coconut Date Cookies. Next time, I am definitely drizzling chocolate on the top! Mmmmm... (healthy) Samoas!


Three Coconut Date Cookies from above on a lovely crimson napkin...


My afternoon snack (to be enjoyed after my walk): Fage with honey. I have 2 packets of honey today... 1 just isn't enough sweetness for the whole container... it never gets to the very bottom. I also drank a mug of peppermint tea with my Coconut Date Cookies.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

a) those cookies look INCREDIBLE! They look SO soft!

and

b) awesome idea with the sandwich! I am a true volume eater so I love that idea!

RunEatRepeat said...

I love cutting my sandwiched into 4 pieces. There is a purpose too! It keeps the filling from falling out if you have a lot of stuff inside.

Anonymous said...

It is so obvious now that you are trying to ape Kath. I was noticing for a few days - the sudden urge to take 100 shots of one plate, the need to talk about your so great weekend at a la-de-da restaurant and so on.
You are just what I had pictured you to be - a dumb copycat bimbo.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I just want to point out that my "la-de-da restaurant" sells burritos for $5.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, I cut my sandwiches into SIX pieces - it's more fun to eat, and lasts longer ;0)

Enjoy the bookstore!! And keeping enjoying those fantastic coconut-date cookies!

Allyson said...

Samoas are my favorite! I might have to def make them soon! And I agree with Melissa, the sandwich idea sounds amazing. I'm with you on the buffalo sauce, it is the shit (can I say that on here? lol)I'm not a buffalo wing eater, but I love the sauce!

Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

what yummy soft cookies, yum!

Erica said...

First of all who writes mean things in responses to someones blog? I think your blog is great!

I also cut things in a bundle of pieces- it makes me feel like I ate way more than I did! I want to try your cookies but I'm a little afraid of dates...I need to suck it up- I will probably end up loving them :)