Friday, May 16, 2008

Money In, Money Out

My bookstore shopping was successful! No vegan cookbook, but I found a memoir/journalistic investigation titled Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life that really caught my attention. After I read the book's description, I just had to buy it. It's right up my alley! I can't wait to start reading it on my commute to Anna's!

About the book:

"Author Barbara Kingsolver and her family abandoned the industrial food pipeline to live a rural life-- vowing that, for one year, they'd only buy food raised in their own neighborhood, grow it themselves, or learn to live without it. Part memoir, part journalistic investigation, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is an enthralling narrative that will open your eyes in a hundred new ways to an old truth: You are what you eat."

So, purchasing this book was the money out part... the money in part was receiving a $13 refund from Kohls for my shoes that went on sale! Thank you BeeBeeRab for the price adjustment information and to those of you who encouraged me to contact Kohls about a refund. My cute, yellow shoes only ended up costing me $27! What a deal! :)

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great book + refund from Kohls = successful Friday afternoon!

Meg said...

I LOVE Kingsolver, I actually did a 20 page paper on her books! ha, this was one of my favorites! Good find :)

Lucy said...

Yey!!! I'm so glad you got the money back! The refund and the free coffee from yesterday makes this a very good week. =D

Hope you have a great dinner at Anna's!

Anonymous said...

i love this book!!! there are so many good recipes in it too! enjoy!

Jill said...

Oh man, I wanted to read that book! Tell us how it is, when you are done!

Anonymous said...

I just read that book in my nutrition and obesity class at UMaine....I go to Farmington and my professor believes that eating locally is the way to alleviate obesity (as well as many other problems!) We actually started a garden at my school. It is an excellent book and I really enjoyed all the recipes the daughter had.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog. You posts are well written, funny at times and just interesting to read. Thanks for all the hard work you do for the blog!

Danielle said...

Let us know how the book is! I'm ready for a new one :)