Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!

What fun! The first Cinco de Mayo party was so fun that we didn't even make it to the second one! Mal and I ended up taking a cab home around 1:00 last night after being at the party from about 3:00 that afternoon! I can't believe we were at the party for so long-- the fun just never stopped! :)

There definitely was not a shortage of food at this party! There were a TON of appetizers and snacks, including a spicy seven layer dip, a bean and cheese dip, a taco dip, guacamole, cheese and crackers, tortilla chips and salsa... and the best food: make-your-own tacos with all of the fixings! Here's a shot of the taco spread...


I ate 2 soft tacos with roasted peppers, refried beans, cheese, and a ton of salsa. Here's a photo of my first taco...


And no Cinco de Mayo party is complete without Pin the Tail on the Donkey! Here's Mal getting blindfolded...


and dizzying himself to make the game more of a challenge...


...and our friend, Matt making the game even more of a challenge for Mal by moving the donkey to a different wall!


Here's Mal heading in the completely wrong direction (the donkey is behind him) and coming straight at me!


Here I am spinning around (and trying not to lose my balance)...


and pinning the tail...


on the donkey...


and then winning the game! Here I am trying to figure out if I really won, and surprisingly, I was the closest! I was so dizzy, I didn't think I was close at all!


As the first place winner of Pin the Tail on the Donkey, I received a winner's medal, which I wore proudly all night long! :)


Before heading to the party, I made sure to have a substantial lunch before drinking Skinny Girl Margaritas and being tempted by yummy party food. The Skinny Girl Margaritas were very tasty, but very strong! I ended up adding a splash of orange juice to cut the strong tequila-taste. I was pretty tipsy after just one!

Lunch was Lavash bread pizza with shredded cheese, blue cheese crumbles and broccoli. The lavash bread worked great as a thin pizza crust. I just popped it in our toaster oven until the cheese melted and the crust was a golden brown.


My plate... 2 pieces of lavash bread pizza and leftover Coconut-Ginger Carrots.


9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun! your blog is so inspiring, keep up the great work!

Becca said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo at a Mexican themed cooking class...probably won't be as crazy, but should be interesting!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

That party looks like it was the EPITOME of a good time - so glad you had fun!! Can't wait to read about the other Cinco de Mayo parties you're attending :0)

Jill said...

Man! That looks like so much fun! Congrats on winning, you rock!

Anonymous said...

what fun! you're a winner, yay!

healthy ashley said...

Thanks for posting the photos- it looks like so much fun! Congrats on your big win :)

Anonymous said...

oo how fun! way to win the pin the tail game...I NEVER can seem to win at that game :0)

Allyson said...

I totally want to make the Skinny Girl Margarita!Glad you had a good time!
Wanted to let you know I made the Oatmeal Raisin Protein muffins! They came out great! I linked the recipe in my blog!

chandra said...

It looks like the party was super fun!! I'm going to have to try those margaritas - I love tequila! :)