Thursday, May 8, 2008

Iced Coffee, Leftovers, and Sushi

You may (or may not) be surprised by this statement: I love Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee! I'm officially an addict. Dunkin' Donuts is too close to my office building... and the weather has been way too nice lately! What am I to do!?

My coworker and I stopped in D&D for an afternoon pick-me-up...


I also purchased a raisin bran muffin from the cafe. It's a pretty large muffin. I am slowly enjoying each bite, so it should take me most of the afternoon to finish it.


Lunch was leftovers from last night's dinner of spaghetti squash and salad. I was feeling lazy this afternoon, so I just kept everything in their Tupperware containers. I apologize for the ugly photos.

Spaghetti squash with tomato-basil marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese...


and a "naked" garden salad... I decided to eat it without dressing today.


Lunch in Tupperware from above...


Tips and Tools

Just a quick FYI: I added a new tag to the 'About' section of my blog called "Tips and Tools," which pretty much combines a number of healthy tips, tools, and previous blog posts. I figured that having all of this information in one place would be helpful to readers. I will continue to update it as I find helpful/fun/interesting information to include. I'm always looking to improve the blog, so please feel free to give me any feedback, ideas, suggestions, etc. about it.

Sushi Sushi Sushi

Tonight, Mr. Mal and I are going out to dinner with a couple of our friends. The plan is to go to one of our favorite sushi restaurants called Fuji 1546, which our friends have been wanting to try. Mal and I have been to Fuji a few times in the past-- the restaurant itself is stylish, even a little funky, and the sushi is fresh, interesting, and delicious! I'm looking forward to good food and good friends this evening! (How cheesy!)

Let me just say, I looovvve sushi... and, in general, it's very healthy food choice. However, too many fried, oily, mayo-packed, sauce-a-licious sushi rolls can really add up in the calorie and fat departments. Here are some healthy (and low-cal) sushi-eating tips and tricks from Hungry Girl:

Super Duper Sushi Survival Guide

Hungry Girl Goes Out for Sushi! on WeightWatchers.com

Happy chopsticking!

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Tina, your Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee is becoming as predictable as when you eat dates, haha :0D

Looove the leftover spaghetti squash - no ugly photographs, if you ask me!

Great 'tips and tools' addition to your blog!

Becca said...

I love sushi, but rarely get to eat it as noone around me likes it...have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

I've just recently discovered the greatness that is iced coffee!

And I just LOVE sushi. I have it almost once a week. So good. Mmm.

Anonymous said...

I made spaghetti squash last night and it was so weird that after it cooled I took my fork to get it out and it didn't look like spaghetti . It just all looked like a glob of squash. I have made it before and it never happened. Has this ever happened to you ?

Anonymous said...

Bev,

Hmmmm... that hasn't happened to me. Here's how I cook my spaghetti squash: I cut the squash in half (length-wise), dig out the seeds and guts, and then bake (face up) at 350 (F) degrees for about 45 minutes, until squash is soft (I just poke it with a fork to check). I let the halves cool for a little while, then scrap out the squash (length-wise) with a fork). I hope this helps!