Friday, May 2, 2008

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fage

Today's afternoon snack was sweet in more than one way! In my Fage, I mixed peanut butter chips and milk chocolate chips!


What a treat! It sort of tasted like a Reeses Pieces sundae-- it just needed hot fudge and peanut butter sauce!


Lunch was Coconut-Ginger-Amazing-Carrots...


and a half pita filled with deli ham and hummus.


Best.carrots.ever.


A coconut truffle for dessert... I've been on a serious coconut kick lately!


Tonight

I decided to go to Augusten Burroughs's event tonight. Mal is meeting me downtown at 5:00, so hopefully, we'll be able to attend. I'll be sure to report back tonight!

Cinco de Mayo Party Weekend

Mal and I were invited to three different Cinco de Mayo parties tomorrow night. We're going to try to hit two of them, but I really don't like to spread myself too thin with friends on nights like these. I hate feeling rushed, and I'm never able to enjoy myself... plus I'm not a fan of superficial conversations with friends. I'd much rather spend some time talking and catching up. Anyway, I don't like to show up empty-handed to friends' parties/events-- do you guys have any recommendations for fun, "healthy" party food? I'm thinking about bringing Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girls Margaritas as a cocktail. They sound so delicious and they are low-cal! Any other ideas for party snacks are very much welcome... as well as easy costume ideas! :)

Happy Friday! TGIF!

10 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

PB & Chocolate Chips?!?!??!! Divine.

So glad that you'll be going to that event at the library tonight after all!

Wow, what a weekend you have lined up - have fun at all of those parties! :0)

chandra said...

You just made me want to go buy pb cups from vendo... but due to the fact the trail mix attacked again today, I will hold myself back... maybe...

I have no party ideas, sorry! But I hate being rushed around when I'm supposed to be having fun - it takes the fun out of it!!

Nicole said...

Just stumbled onto your blog this week from EatLikeMe. I must say I love it! I love that you actually EAT! Not only that, you eat when you are hungry, and you give in to your sweet tooth in such a balanced way. As someone trying to get back to normalized eating habits, your blog is a true inspiration to eat healthy and balanced without being bored out of my mind or wanting to chew my arm off!

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter chips!! I miss those so much. But I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Allyson said...

YAY Augusten Burroughs! Have fun :)

RunEatRepeat said...

Do you sweeten the yogurt at all before you put the chips in?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so real and down to earth...its very refreshing. :)

Just thought I'd let you know I appreciate your great blog and healthy balance of food and life in general. :)

Anonymous said...

Monica,

No sweetener today-- the chips were plenty sweet for me!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

chocolate and peanut butter always work well together—yummy.

Susan @ SGCC said...

I love my Fage! What a great idea to put PB and chocolate chips in it! I usually drizzle in some honey, but chocolate is soooo much better.

Those carrots look delicious too!