Monday, May 19, 2008

A Strawberry and Cranberry Morning

Good morning! I feel like I am still catching up in the blog world. Taking the weekend "off" put me behind, but now I'm back on the blog train and ready to roll!

Breakfast this morning was delicious! All of my favorite foods! I had a big piece of cranberry nut bread that I baked last night...


as well as some fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt on the side.


All together from above... I ate my breakfast while reading the most recent issue of US Weekly.

P.S. Does anyone else agree that this new Jennifer Aniston - John Mayer relationship is strange and unusual?


Last night, I baked 2 loaves of cranberry nut bread using a Nut Bread recipe from my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. I love this cookbook! It has a well-rounded selection of hundreds of recipes and it's great for a beginner cook like me, nothing too fancy or difficult to make. I made one loaf for my coworker's birthday today and the other is for Mal and me to enjoy.


I never got around to posting dinner last night. (I had a zillion little things to catch up on around the apartment.) I wasn't sure what I was in the mood to eat last night, so I had a variety of foods: pot stickers with gyoza dipping sauce, brussels sprouts, and medjool dates (yum!!!)

14 Comments:

Becca said...

I love medjool dates!

Bread looks awesome and tasty!

Anonymous said...

that's your dinner?

Rachel said...

Kudos for coming up with a creative and healthy way to deal with wanting to have a little bit of a bunch of things for dinner--looks delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, that cranberry-nut bread??? YUM!!! Looks sensational.

I can't even tell you how bizarre the relationship is, between Aniston and Meyer - but as they say, opposites (sometimes) attract!

MEDJOOL DATES!!!! Haha, you knew I'd "say" that ;0)

Rosiecat24 said...

Tina, I also have "random food" dinners on a regular basis! I call it "cleaning out the fridge" and do it when no one else is around...

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I had a very similar breakfast to yours..blueberry muffin with strawberries and yogurt. But by 9:30, I was starving!

chandra said...

That bread looks soooooo good! I think I may need to make some next week. :)

I agree that the Aniston/Mayer relationship is ODD. I don't see it lasting.

chandra said...

That bread looks soooooo good! I think I may need to make some next week. :)

I agree that the Aniston/Mayer relationship is ODD. I don't see it lasting.

Anonymous said...

Does eating bread like that fill you up? I LOVE breakfast breads, but I am always hungry after! Actually, not really because then I just eat more.

As for Aniston and Meyer, I just don't know what she is thinking, unless she just wants to have fun and isn't looking for anything serious.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Allison,

That bread didn't really hold me over. I had a big slice with my fruit and yogurt, but around 10:30, I decided to have another piece from my co-workers birthday loaf (the office shared) to hold me over until lunch. White flour just doesn't do anything for my hunger!

Jillian said...

hi tina! where did you get the pot stickers from? the food store? take out?
thanks!

Anonymous said...

Jillian,

The pot stickers are from Trader Joes. You can find them in their freezer section. TJ's also makes a vegetarian version. Both are delicious and take 2 minutes to cook in the microwave! :)

healthy ashley said...

Your pictures are beautiful! This type of breakfast never fills me up either :(

Allyson said...

You seem like an awesome cook! Dinner looks good too!
I agree that the Aniston/Mayer relationship is a little mis-matched, maybe a publicity stunt gone too far? Check out perezhiltion.com...its one of my fave websites and always had stuff like that up! :)