Thursday, May 22, 2008

Super Salad

A result of my morning indecisiveness was that I needed to purchase my lunch today. I prefer to bring my lunch to work, but I just couldn't get it together this morning to make one. I have nothing against purchasing lunch; I'd just rather save the dinero and make my own healthy meal.

Anyway, lunch today was a super salad from the Sebastian's Cafe.


My salad was piled high with fresh veggies and other goodies. Salad highlights include spinach, beets, asparagus, red peppers, artichokes, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, feta, wasabi peas, black beans, chick peas, edamame, jalapeños, and red cabbage.


Also for lunch was a strawberry-brownie-yogurt mixture.


I brought a container of vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries with me today (at least I managed that!), and there were leftover brownies from a meeting in the office, so I decided to combine forces and make an after lunch dessert. Mmmmm... so goooooood! It was almost like a brownie sundae with strawberries... well, almost! :)


Good news: I'm making some serious progress on my To Do list. Bad news: I still have a few tasks that I have to do before I leave for the long weekend. I also want to slip out and buy groceries for Mal's birthday soirée this evening. I still need to think about tonight's party menu... besides Funfetti cake, beer, and wine, which sounds fantastic to me, I need to have some other options for our guests. :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I make a super simple, 4 ingredient mexican dip when I host almost any party...all you need is a can of fat free refried beans, a container of low fat sour cream, a container of your fav. salsa, and a bag of reduced fat cheddar cheese (I like Sargento).
In a dish, layer the refried beans so it makes a thin layer, add the sour cream on top and spread to cover refried beans (in a thin layer), add salsa on top of that in thin layer and then sprinkle the top with cheese. Whack it in the fridge until your ready to serve. I like Baked Tostitos with this.
It sounds too simple but everyone always asks me where this dip is!

Beth said...

Ha, did you run in to Cristin from Eat Like Me? :D Isn't that where she gets her salads a lot? Boston Bloggers unite!

Anonymous said...

I am going to try dates- do they have a pit or anything I should watch out for?

What's funny is that salad looks great, but Kristen's always look huge. For awhile I have been thinking she does super close ups to make her food look bigger.

Anonymous said...

Laura S.,

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delish! Sounds weird, but I love refried beans! :)

Carley,

Yep, dates have pits in them, but they are easy to eat around. You can, however, buy pitted dates. Both are delicious!

One Food Guy said...

That sure is a delicious looking salad Tina, but my real purpose for this comment is to let you know that you've been tagged for a meme...

Five Facts Meme

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I've heard a lot of great things about the salads at Sebastian's - looks delicious!

Best of luck with the rest of your to-do list, and have fun tonight with Mal's birthday celebration! :0)

RunEatRepeat said...

If only we could live off of wine and cake...

Becca said...

Your "dessert" sounds delicious! I love using yogurt as a healthier alternative to ice cream in desserts! Salad looks nice and fresh as well!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love to see dessert on a food blog? Many bloggers act like it is an unknown foreign substance to them, so it's really refreshing to see it here :) Thanks for being normal!