Thursday, June 12, 2008

1 Month Away

What a busy day! For the most part, it flew by, but I'm so glad that it is almost over! Mal and I actually have some celebrating to do tonight! Today is exactly one month until our wedding day! I can't believe the big day is so soon-- I guess 18 months can pass quickly! (FYI: We got engaged on December 8, 2006, so it's been a loooonnggg engagement!)

Lunch today was whole wheat elbow pasta with leftover Italian chicken sausage and some greens on the side.


I topped the greens with a creamy Italian dressing made by Nature's Place, Hannaford's organic brand. I'm not usually a fan of creamy salad dressings, but I really enjoyed this one. It had a nice strong flavor to it, but not thick and heavy like regular creamy Italian dressings. It's consistency was actually more like a vinaigrette, which I prefer a lot more.


Pasta with chicken sausage pieces and marina sauce...


Sweet lunch snack: Dancing Deer Baking Co. Caramel Pecan Brownie. Yum! I was planning to only eat 1/2 for lunch and save the other half for later, but it was so friggin' delicious that I ate the whole thing. This brownie was fudgy, topped with pecans, and drizzled with caramel. A sweet, semi-crunchy, nutty crust topped a rich, moist, dense brownie. Mmmm...


Afternoon snack: Fresh strawberries and a blueberry flavored Stonyfield yogurt.

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your coffee mug? It's really cute!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I'm not sure what coffee mug you are talking about-- the white one with the coffee images on it? That one is from a cafe on Block Island where I used to work.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I meant the to-go mug you take to work- the red one.

Anonymous said...

So exciting, only one month left! We have a about a year (haven't even set a date yet). Have fun celebrating tonight!

And, now I think I need to check out Dancing Deer...

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Oooooh! Haha. Sorry about that. The mug was actually a gift from a vendor that I used to work with at my old marketing job. It was a free sample.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!

I saw your post last night about eating 1700-2200 calories a day, but I know you are just maintaining. Do you mind my asking about how many you ate when trying to lose? (I have similar stats as you=) )Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The month is going to fly! I am getting married next week, and we got engaged around the same time you guys did! I have been reading your blog for a long time (I live in Boston too) and I love seeing all of your great meal ideas. Keep up the great work and have fun tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Theresa,

When I was trying to lose weight, I consumed about the same amount of calories. When I weighed 150+ pounds, I probably ate around 2500 calories or so, so dropping down to my current range kick-started my weight loss. It took me a good year and a half to lose 20 pounds, but a lot of that journey was changing my lifestyle for the better.

Bree,

Definitely check out Dancing Deer! So yummy and their products make great gifts! :)

Kate,

Next week!?! Are you excited, nervous, crazed? If you don't mind me asking, where are you having your wedding? So exciting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm I'd say very excited but also crazed. Things would be going better if my bridesmaids dresses were done being altered! Anyway it will all work out so I am trying to stay calm:) We are getting married in Newport at Astor's Beechwood mansion-I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! You must be so excited, it has been a long engagement! But at least you know for sure that it's the right time. =)

RunEatRepeat said...

1 month countdown! That is exciting. Are you going on a honeymoon? I love hearing about new places.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 1 month mark... tomorrow is my 3 month mark! scary ~ i have so much to do :)

Unknown said...

I just had dancing deer for dessert. Amazing. Congrats on one month!!! How brutal is it working inside on these beautiful Boston days!?

Anonymous said...

Runeatrepeat,

We are going to Turks and Caicos!!!!! Here's a post about it: http://www.carrotsncake.com/2008/03/honeymoon.html (or you can search the blog for it).

TheRavenousMommy said...

How exciting! Love the wine idea. You have a great blog, it has great ideas about healthy foods. I was also in the 150's and now am in the 130's and always looking for new ideas to mix up my foods. It's nice to see how other people stay on their fitness goals too.