Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happily Ever After

As part of our one-month-to-go celebration, Mal and I opened our first bottle of "Happily Ever After" wine that was given to us as a shower gift by my aunt and uncle, who make their own wine from blackberries. My grandparents have a huge blackberry patch behind their house, so my family has been brewing blackberry wine for decades now. Once again, my family produced another amazing batch of vino... and Mal and I have a whole case of this stuff! :)


Dinner was a special treat as well: Pan-seared jumbo scallops with garlic risotto and asparagus. 


My plate up close...


A special dinner with a special guy... wow, that was cheesy! :) 


The risotto is by a brand called Lundberg Family Farms. The Garlic Primavera variety was delish! It's flavor is a rich blend of rice, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, zucchini, carrots, and red and green bell peppers. The risotto was so easy to prepare-- it only required a few additional ingredients and took just 20 minutes to cook.


Adora Calcium Supplements

Just a quick product plug...

You guys know how I am obsessed with the Adora Calcium Supplements-- I've been posting about them since day 1 of the blog. Adora contacted me through carrotsandcake to thank me for mentioning their product on my blog. (So cool!) As part of their appreciation, they sent me some free Adora samples-- the dark chocolate flavor, of course! I'm so impressed with this company! They make a great product, and they employ wonderful people! So now, go out and buy their product! :) 


P.S. Adora has a free newsletter called "Circle of Health" (www.WomensCircleofHealth.com), where you can receive product updates and special promotions. 

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That wine sounds delicious. Do they sell it anywhere? Or just give it to friends and family? I would love to order some! :)

Monica said...

The risotto and scallops look amazing! Where do you buy the adora disks? I need more calcium in my diet and I've been interested in these for awhile.

chandra said...

I'ven ever seen the adora disks... do they sell them in the supplement/vitamin section??

Yay for your special one-month-to-go dinner! Looks delish!!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

My family doesn't sell the wine. We pretty much break out a bottle or 2 for special occasions and holidays. I'll mention it to them though-- maybe they want to make some from it! :)

Monica and Chandra,

Here's a link to some retailers where Adora is sold: http://www.adoracalcium.com/retailers.php

The big ones are Whole Foods and Walgreens. You can also order them directly from the website. I swear, they are worth the effort! :)

Anonymous said...

Tina! Congratulations to you- this is amazing- only a month to go. You and Mal are going to be the most fun and happiest newlyweds ever!

Anonymous said...

Those scallops look really good! & that is such a good way to get some calcium in! Anything with chocolate, I'm in ;)

Samantha said...

That wine sounds really good. It is too bad they do not sell it.

Anonymous said...

how cool is that wine?!

Ive never seen anything like it.

I shoulda had a wedding.
dang justice o'the peace :)

M.

WWSuzi said...

That dinner looks awesome!! You two are so cute ;)

Sarah said...

Your dinner of scallops and risotto looks to die for! That's pretty much my ideal meal, especially with the lovely green asparagus.

Congratulations on being 1 month from your wedding!!! We have the same wedding weekend, mine was last year, on July 14th.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love the look and content of yours and I've added you to my Blog Reading list.

RunEatRepeat said...

I love adora!!! You are lucky :) But, if I had all those I would probably eat them in a week.