Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not Banana Oatmeal

I've eaten banana oatmeal for breakfast the past 3 days in a row-- this morning, it was definitely time for something different.

Today's breakfast was composed of 3 parts:

Part numero uno: A toasted English muffin with strawberry-rhubarb jam on one side and ricotta sprinkled with cinnamon on the other.


Part 2 was freshly cut strawberries.


Part 3 was scrambled egg whites with ground pepper and leftover Italian chicken sausage from last night's dinner.


All three parts together...

I have a feeling that this breakfast will hold me over until lunchtime. Eggs always seem to do the trick!


Of course, iced coffee to go... today's was made with organic skim milk and Stevia. I like my hemp milk and Splenda combo much better.


Before the gym this morning, I snacked on a piece of mango bread. Delish! I love how sweet carbs get me moving in the morning!


Question of the Day

Do you consider yourself "adventurous" when it comes to food?

Me: Yes, definitely! I love trying new food combinations, and I will try anything once... even weird/kind of gross stuff, like cow tongue. If given the opportunity, I'd at least give it a try! You never know what you will like... plus eating cow tongue is a good story! :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...I was going to say yes until you mentioned the cow tongue, and then I changed my mind. haha...

But really, I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I'll try MOST things at least once, and I definitely mix my meals up for variety and change. :)

WWSuzi said...

I have to say that yes i'll try anything once!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, I'm with you on that - I started my day without banana oatmeal for once this morning, as well :0)

Love that mango bread!

I've definitely become more adventurous when it comes to food, since becoming a vegan; but I'm still a creature-of-habit and love eating my favorite foods over and over ;0)

Melanie said...

I do like to try most anything! I currently do not eat beef, chicken or pork so that limits me somewhat. But I have discovered so many other foods since I stopped eating meat. But there are still so many foods I need to try!

So the mango bread turned out well? I LOVE mango so I want to try this!!

Alicia said...

I'm looking forward to sweet carbs pre workout tomorrow. I went crazy and bought several flavours of muffins plus carrot cake!

arielle said...

I am definitely more adventurous than I used to be...but I still wouldn't eat cow tongue :) of course, I don't really eat meat.

Anonymous said...

That raisin mango bread looks so good! Tina, your baking always is so drool-worthy!!

And I will never ever get sick of banana oatmeal! Haha it just doesn't get old to me.

Is the ricotta & cinnamon mixture sweet? or more tangy/spicy? looks like such a balanced breakfast!

Rosiecat24 said...

Wow, Tina, that's such an inspiring breakfast you put together! And I'm living vicariously through you while reading about your day off...oh, a girl can dream, can't she? While sitting at her desk, feeling swamped with work?

And as for your question, I'm with VeggieGirl (sort of): I became a vegetarian about seven years ago. Since then, my cooking repertoire has expanded tremendously, even though I don't cook with meat. I love tasting new things--I'm very big on tasting.

Maggie M. said...

That mango bread looks so good! Glad it turned out well :)

One Food Guy said...

I'm definitely adventurous when it comes to food. I've tried grasshoppers and ostrich (twice - once as a burger and a second time as a steak.)

I think I would draw the line at horse, a common offering in Switzerland and France.