Saturday, June 7, 2008

Alcapulcos

My super busy Saturday concluded with a relaxing dinner at Alcapulcos, a nearby Mexican restaurant that we have been meaning to try since last summer when we moved to the area. Alcapulcos definitely surpassed our expectations! 

Our meal began with homemade tortilla chips and salsa promptly delivered to our table even before we ordered drinks. The tortilla chips were excellent! They were my favorite kind-- thick, crisp, golden, and not too greasy. The salsa was very flavorful with a spicy kick, but unfortunately, it was a little watery. 


I ordered a Patron margarita on the rocks with salt, which is my absolute favorite way to drink tequila! The drink was delicious, and surprisingly heavy on the tequila. Mal (a former bartender) guessed that it probably had about 2-2.5 shots of Patron in it. I was feeling pretty loose when we left the restaurant! :)


For my entree, I ordered the Veggie Green Burrito: "A flour tortilla with rice and whole black beans, grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms served with lettuce inside; covered with fresh green tomatillo sauce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, and ranchero cheese." It was amazingly delicious, but I filled up on chips and salsa, so I only ate about a 1/3 of it. I have lots of leftovers for tomorrow though!  


After dinner, the night didn't end. Mal and I sat our balcony, and finally pick our first dance song for the reception. We've been debating over 2 songs for months, and we finally decided. (It's a secret until the BIG DAY!)


While chatting on the porch, both Mal and I enjoyed a Miller Chill. What a gorgeous night it was in Boston! Time for b-e-d! 


6 Comments:

Maggie M. said...

That's awesome :) I hope it's a good song! Bobby and I are going to have so much trouble agreeing on one...

Anonymous said...

Love the candle...was it a wedding gift ? Great mexican food.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, Mexican food!! Yum!! Too bad about the salsa though :0( Salsa should NEVER be watered down!

Can't wait to find out what the song is!!! :0D

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! that buritto looks delicious!! just out of curiosity, when you don't post lunch, does that mean you just had breakfast and dinner that day (nothing wrong with that)....or do you not post every meal? just wondering!

Anonymous said...

HIL,

I did eat lunch yesterday, but I was feeling lazy last night, so I didn't post it. Sorry about that. If you're curious, lunch was a grilled veggie burger on a whole wheat hot dog bun (we're out of regular buns) and a mango-vanilla yogurt smoothie with wheat germ. I pretty much never skip a meal, but in the future, I'll be sure to specify what I ate. I don't want readers thinking I skip meals! I love food! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!

This is a question for everybody: How much do you normally spend on groceries per week? I am starting to eat healthier, and I've noticed that health food stores are much more expensive than other grocery stores.

Thanks! (I'll be posting this on other sites as well)