Sunday, June 8, 2008

Simple Breakfast

I have hit the ground running this morning... I cleaned the apartment, washed and folded 3 loads of laundry, ran 3 miles on the treadmill, showered, got ready for the day, finished our thank you notes, and made breakfast. Whew, I think I need more iced coffee after all that! :)


Mal and I enjoyed breakfast on our patio-- scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast, iced coffee and 1/2 of a pear each. I ate my eggs with a squirt of ketchup (the "organic" kind... no HFCS). 


We're off to do some shopping downtown. I think I might buy a new camera-- I need to do some "research" first. Happy Sunday, all! 


7 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, what a busy morning you've had so far!! Enjoy shopping this afternoon!! :0)

Jill said...

Isn't it annoying how the only stuff you can find without HFCS is the organic stuff? Jeez!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, you got all that done this morning? You deserve a pat on the back! Enjoy shopping!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!

This is a question for everybody: How much do you normally spend on groceries per week? I am starting to eat healthier, and I've noticed that health food stores are much more expensive than other grocery stores.

Thanks! (I'll be posting this on other sites as well)

Melanie said...

Tina do you make your ice coffee at home? Just coffee and ice? I usually only buy it out once in a while but would like to attempt to make it at home... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Yep, I make my iced coffee at home. I brew it double the strength-- just add double the amount of coffee grinds that a regular pot calls for... then just chill in the fridge. We store ours in a big thermos, and just add ice, milk, etc. when we want one. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ilene,

Mal and I typically spend around $65-75 a week on groceries. However, every once in awhile, our total will be around $85-95, but thankfully, those weeks don't happen that often.