Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lazy Beach Afternoon

Mal and I just got back from a lazy afternoon at the beach. We walked to the beach (about a mile each away), then strolled along the boardwalk, then finally settled down to relax on the sand, and read magazines, listened to music, and worked on our tans. After about 45 minutes, we got restless, and ended walking along the ocean again. Mal and I finally headed home after about 30 minutes-- we had definitely got enough sun and we were thirsty!

At home, we made a couple of pomegranate-lemonades-- we both ended up chugging them down.


I also had a handful of tortilla chips to hold me over until dinner tonight. We have plans to get together with friends for a BBQ a little later.


Lunch

I've been obsessed with smoothies lately! They're perfect for hot days when you don't want to cook, but want something cold and satisfying. Today's smoothie was a blend of banana, plain yogurt, peanut butter, wheat germ, chocolate chips, hemp milk, and ice. I'm not sure of the exact measurements, but here's a rough estimate:

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Makes 2

2 bananas
1 container plain yogurt (6 0z.)
2 tbsp wheat germ
1/4 cup peanut butter/chocolate chips
1/2 cup hemp milk
3 cups of ice

Directions: Combine ingredients in blender, blend well, pour into glass, enjoy!


Lunch also included leftovers from last night's dinner at Alcapulcos. I still have part of the burrito left, so it will probably get eaten up for tomorrow's lunch.


I still wanted something to eat after the smoothie and burrito. I decided on a couple of Country Choice Organic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies.

Especially when it comes to baked goods, I try to eat foods made as healthy as possible, without too much "junk" in them (i.e. partially hydrogenated oil, etc.). As you know, I love cookies! Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites, so I decided to give this brand a try. These cookies are wonderful and very satisfying. You only get 9 cookies per box, but the cookies are pretty large in size and just 100 calories each, so you can't really do all that much damage if you eat one too many... like I do most of the time! The cookies are flavorful and quite soft-- soo much like a homemade cookie. Yuuuum!


Love these! I microwaved one for 10 seconds-- tasted like a freshly baked cookie right from the oven.


BBQ time! I'm starving!

6 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a fun day at the beach you had!! And wow, that Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie sounds amazingly decadent and refreshing - yum!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that smoothie has everything I love. When it warms up, I will be making that no doubt!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Tina, oatmeal chocolate chip are one of my favorites too and I have been craving them like mad! I just got the Kashi oatmeal dark chocolate cookies and they are pretty good but I am going to look for this brand too, thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

That pom drink looks great. What are the brand/products you use to make it!

Are those cookies big? it is hard to tell size on a blog.

Becca said...

I crave lemonade everytime I see your pomegranate version1

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

Yep, the cookies are pretty large in size.