Sunday, June 8, 2008

First Burger of the Season

Mmmmm... tonight I ate my first cheeseburger of the season! It was delish in every way possible! Here's Dave, the "grill master," working his magic on the grill...


While waiting for the food to cook, I enjoyed a Long Trail Blackberry Wheat, which is one of my favorite summer beers. It's light and crisp with a faint blackberry aroma. It's a wonderful beer to enjoy in the summer, especially after a tough work week! I really love Blackberry Wheat right from the tap (most commonly in Vermont), served with fresh blackberries. (Can you say yum?!) I actually ended up drinking 2 of these while at the BBQ. 


Here's my first burger of the summer season... sooooo amazing! I'm not a huge meat eater, but I love hamburgers (with toasted buns) right off the grill. Not surprisingly, I ate my burger with buffalo sauce. 


Mal and I stayed at our friends' house to watch the first half of the Celtics game. By the time we arrived home, I was hungry again! Somehow the cheeseburger didn't hold me over at all! I made myself a piece of whole wheat toast with shredded mozzarella cheese and buffalo sauce. My stomach is content now-- and I am off to bed. 


Before my goodnight wishes, here is Bella, our friends' Bichon Frise. I swear, she wanted to be in the blog. Isn't she adorable?


Good night, all! Sleep well! 

BEAT LA! 

3 Comments:

Louise Wedgwood said...

That cheese burger looks good, especially with the toasted bun! I find that if I eat something like that with some salad or grilled veges on the side it will fill me up for hours.

Anonymous said...

Long Trail- the brewery is RIGHT by my summer house in Woodstock, VT! I totally hear ya on the awesome tap brews- I usually just steal a sip from the boy, never a fan of beer, but it's fun in the summer for sure :) glad it was a good night- the heat here in BOS is CRAZY!

Unknown said...

Had to comment cause that beer rocks :) Unfortunately my tummy doesn't like beer anymore so i don't partake... it's going to be a long summer! can't wait for more bbq :)