Monday, June 9, 2008

Humid and Hot Monday

It's a hot one out there today! Despite the humidity, I don't really mind the heat. (Humidity is the worst! Ewww!) I'd take a scorcher over a freezing cold day anytime!

Breakfast today was banana walnut oatmeal. I forgot how much I love bananas in my oatmeal! They make it so creamy and sweet. Mmmmmm...


My measurements this morning:

1/2 cup oats (dry)
1 cup water
1/8 cup chopped walnuts
1 banana
1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup


I cooked the mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes-- and my banana walnut oatmeal came out perfect! I think that I finally found the right measurements and cooking time for amazing banana oatmeal. :)


Super hot days in the city call for D&D iced coffee. I ordered a small with milk and sugar.


Question of the Day

How did you "discover" the food blog world?

Me: I first found Kath's blog through Self's Eat Like Me (someone mentioned it in the comments on Eat Like Me). I began reading Kath's blog a few times a week, and she inspired me to start my own. Now, I am completely sucked into the food blog world!

10 Comments:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Same thing happened to me! I stumbled on Eat Like Me over on self.com and thought I would start my own food blog on xanga (thinking I was unique, haha) then I stumbled upon Fast, Fresh and Fit over at Eat Like Me (in the comments section) and got to thinking blogger looked pretty good, so I started my own page here. I was amazed at how many food blogs there are so now I'm addicted to not only writing my own but reading as many others as possible. I love getting new food ideas and looking at all the pictures :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yep, us east coasters are experiencing quite a heatwave, for sure - in the upper-90s already, and it's not even CLOSE to being noon yet!!

I can't have oatmeal without bananas - it's just not the same!! Glad you tried it again :0)

The first two blogs that I EVER discovered were "Eat Like Me" (on SELF.com) and the "Vegan Lunch Box" blog (that's the blog that provoked me to really start thinking seriously about making the transition from vegetarianism to veganism).

Anonymous said...

Same here! I read Self magazine so I went to their website and found Eat Like Me randomly, then saw a link to Kath's blog in one of the comment sections - and it all spiraled from there! I'm sooo happy I did :)

Anonymous said...

I too, discovered Eat Like Me randomly becuase I subscribe to the mag. From there I saw a link to kath's blog and from there a link to yours!

Stay cool :) It's a scorcher here in DC too.

Anne P said...

Same here! Found Eatlikeme on Self, from there went to Kath's blog from someone posting in the comments, from Kath's to Jenna's blog Eat,Live,Run, and from hers to yours and the other one I read - couchcubible!

Scrumpy said...

Oh I love bananas in my oatmeal!

I can't really remember how I stumbled into the food blog world, but I certainly fell hard. I can't believe how much time I spend each day catching up with everyone.

Thanks for the great money saving tips last week!

Anonymous said...

That's honestly SO weird. I found all the blogs out there by exactly the same way- reading Eatlikeme, and then Kath's.
I love carrots and cake too! Keep it up, and don't forget to give us about a thousand wedding pics:)

Anonymous said...

THAT'S SO WEIRD!!

I found blogs the same way. I remember reading Self one day and finding out that they had a website, so I decided to check it out. I stumbled across EatLikeMe and loved it, and found Kath's through the comment sections. I then found Jenna's through Kath's comment section, and found all the other food blogs by clicking on the names of the commenters who had websites. Yay for connections!!

ChickPea said...

I have been reading Eat Like Me since it started last year, but I am not sure how I stumbled into the other food blogs. I discovered Kath's and Jenna's this past spring break--browsing their old posts was a great way to relax! They inspired me to start my own too:)

Becca said...

Same as me, I stumbled on Eat Like Me one day, and from there found Kath's blog, then Jenna's (Eat, Live, Run) and so on...I finally worked up the nerve to start my own when I had to do an alternative genre project to go along with a research paper!