Monday, June 9, 2008

Unappetizing Food Photos

Much of the food that I have eaten this afternoon has been rather unappetizing looking, but thankfully, tasty to eat, so I apologize in advance for the "ugly" food photos.

My afternoon snack, however, photographed quite well: an apple and a cinnamon chip muffin from the cafe. I'm waiting until 3:30 to break into it, so these babies are sitting on my desk just waiting to be eaten.


Lunch was leftovers from dinner at Alcapulcos: a Veggie Green Burrito. It was surprisingly delicious after a day and a half of sitting in the fridge.


Also with lunch, 2 very broken Country Choice Organic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies. These cookies are super soft-- clearly, they didn't survive my commute to work this morning. The cookies pieces still tasted delicious!


Sorry for the boring post this afternoon. I'm swamped at work! I'll try to spice it up this evening.

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

No worries - the apple and the cookies look appetizing to me!! :0)

Good luck with the rest of your workday!!

Unknown said...

Where did you get the cookies? I looked on the website but couldn't find a product locater - and I really want to try them! (...Without having to buy a case from the site directly.) Are they at a store near you?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Alex,

I purchased them at Stop & Shop-- from their "health food" isle.

Anonymous said...

I left this question yesterday, but don't think you saw it. I was wondering what you use to make the pom drink. Proportions and brand of products.

Also, how do you make your homemade iced coffee?

Hope you are staying cool!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

Oops, sorry that I missed your questions! Here are my responses...

The approximate measurements are 1/3 pomegranate juice, 2/3 cup soda water (or sparkling water), and 1 tsp of powdered low-cal lemonade mix (Crystal Light or store brand). For the pomegranate juice, we sometimes buy the Pom brand, but it is usually very expensive. Currently, we are using Langers brand pomegranate juice. (Any pomegranate juice will work-- just make sure it doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it.)

I brew the coffee for the iced coffee the same way as a regular pot of coffee, but I use double the coffee grinds to make it double the strength. After the pot has finished brewing, I chill the coffee in the refrigerator in a big thermos. (Letting it chill overnight works best.) To make an iced coffee, I just add ice to the chilled coffee as well as milk, sugar, etc. It's a great treat on warm summer mornings, and making it at home saves you a couple of bucks!