Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mighty Maple Peanut Butter

Speedy post, busy day!

Lunch today was a homemade salad with leftover tomato-basil-mozzarella from last night's dinner. Mixed all together, this lunch hit the spot!


Part 2 of lunch was blueberry-flavored Stonyfield yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean mixed in. It also hit the spot!


Part 3 of lunch was more like an afternoon snack. I originally brought a piece of whole wheat bread, a banana, and Mighty Maple Peanut Butter as part of my lunch, but after eating the salad and yogurt, I wasn't hungry for anything else.

This maple-flavored peanut butter is superb! It has a strong, sweet maple flavor, and a more "gritty" texture than regular peanut butter. To me, it's more of a dessert spread than peanut butter. It's also very expensive ($6/jar), so it will only be making an appearance on special occasions! :)

Here's a description from the Peanut Butter & Co. website:

People have been telling us that they love to spread peanut butter on pancakes and waffles for years. They love the way the rich and creamy peanut butter blends with sticky, sweet maple syrup to create an unbelievable taste sensation. This new variety of peanut butter is a tasty way to enjoy two great flavors - try it on toast, stirred over oatmeal, or on a sandwich with crispy bacon!

Around 3:15, I ate my lunch/snack of Mighty Maple PB and banana on whole wheat bread... soooo yummy! Very dessert-like!

8 Comments:

Meighan said...

OMG I saw the Maple Peanut Butter and am dying to try it. How was it?

Anonymous said...

meig,

DELISH!!!!! I'm in love! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yes, I've heard of that new flavor of peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. - sounds HEAVENLY!!!! I bet it'd taste great on pancakes or something.

Anonymous said...

The people over at PB&co are geniuses! I love their chocolate peanut butters. =)

Allison said...

oooh! Yum. I've never heard of Pb&co (must be an east coast thing). But I have been to PB Loco out of St. Paul...they have a store front in the Mall of America and the creations they come up with are crazy! Curry Peanut Butter anyone?

Anonymous said...

oooo i cant wait to try the maple... i havent seen that yet in my grocery store, we just have the chocolate, crunch, & raisin kinds so far :) that stinks it's $6/jar... it is $3.50 by me :(

what a fantastic "dessert" idea!!!!!!!

Molly said...

their dark chocolate version is TO DIE FOR.

Unknown said...

Peanut Butter Lovers,

We're glad you love the new Maple Peanut Butter. It is slightly more expensive off the website than it is at retail. The good news is that our retail distribution is bigger than ever, so keep an eye on your grocer's peanut butter aisle!

And while our peanut butter can seem sinful, it's also very healthy. A good source of those good-for-you fats and protein. The "gritty" mouth feel is a result of large sugar crystals we use in some flavors for texture. You'll find a similar feel in our Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Personally, it's my favorite part of the peanut butter!

Thanks for the mention,
Scott Stephan
Marketing Coordinator
Peanut Butter & Co.