Friday, June 6, 2008

Everything But The...

My lunch today was a big, bountiful, fresh salad. I pretty much included one of everything from the salad bar.


In my salad container:

  • Spinach
  • Arugula
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Tofu
  • Grapefruit slices
  • Strawberries
  • Beets
  • Wasabi peas
  • Artichokes
  • Asparagus
  • Curry couscous
  • Feta
  • Edamame
  • Cucumbers
  • Shredded carrots
  • Mushrooms
  • JalapeƱos
  • Garbanzo beans
  • Black beans
  • Red peppers
  • Raisins
  • Shredded Parmesan

This salad was monstrous, and I ate the whole thing, expect for a few scraps of arugula.


Lunch also included a Maple Oatmeal cookie from the Dancing Deer Baking Company. I'm a huge fan of this company. They make tasty, all-natural products, they're locally-based, and I love how they think.

From their website:

"Driving with Passion
We are a company of people who are passionate about food, nature and aesthetics. We are dedicated to excellence in all we do - sometimes we pull it off!

Pleasing the Eye and the Palate
Our products are known for straight-up yummy-ness, innovation, artful but simple packaging and pure, high quality ingredients. We blend traditional artisan baking with innovative flavor combinations and package our products with a somewhat whimsical disregard for the expected. We think packaging should be as artful, honest and as good as the food.

Using All-natural Ingredients
We choose to make a perishable product without artificial preservatives or other ingredients because we believe in the principles of purity and freshness in food. Our products are always all-natural, baked from scratch and Kosher.

Caring for the Environment
To the extent possible we make choices in our packaging, production and facilities management, which are friendly to the environment.

Supporting the Community
We try to give back from our modest successes in a variety of ways. Our main philanthropic efforts are devoted to helping homeless families through the Sweet Home Project

Enjoying our Work
We strive to achieve both financial and market success, while achieving personal and professional rewards for all "deers". There's more to life than selling cookies - but it's not a bad way to make a living."

P.S. You can order their products online from their website. They make wonderful gifts! :)


Back to work I go! I am making great progress, but I still have quite a bit to do before 4:00! TGIF!

7 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS salad - so full of freshness!!

I used to purchase cookies from the Dancing Deer Bakery all the time, before I became a vegan - great company, for sure!

TGIF! :0)

Anonymous said...

have a great day!!!!!!!!

im going to check out those cookies :)

Becca said...

Lunch looks wonderful! I want that big block of feta!

Scrumpy said...

That salad looks SO good. I love beets and peas on a salad. They are treats that I never bother with on my salads at home.

Thanks for the great tips on my blog, I really appreciate them!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that salad list beats any I've ever made. Nice memory!!

Love that cookie company too but I've only had a sample - not a whole cookie. I think the key lime? So fresh tasting.

Anonymous said...

That salad looks AMAZING. Funny (actually not really..) how much more appealing salads are in the summertime!

Daphne said...

I LOVE the salad bar at Sebastian's. Unfortunately my office is at Landmark Center and our options for lunch are terrible - but a while back when you mentioned a salad you had from Sebastian's, I decided I had to make a trip out to the School to get some myself. It was one of my most satisfying lunches I had in weeks. I think I'm going to have to do that weekly - take a nice mile+ stroll to and from Kresge and enjoy a filling yummy salad for lunch, too! :)