Friday, June 6, 2008

Low-Key Evening at Home

I'm happy to report that I have had zero plans for this evening, besides enjoying time with Mal, sipping wine, and relaxing. After this week, I needed a night in. I did, however, spend some time adding a new product review page to the blog. It's a work in progress, so be sure to check back for new reviews in the coming weeks. 

My relaxing evening started with a glass of Ravenswood Zinfandel, which is full-bodied and smooth with a "raspberry and pepper" character. Soooooo rich and delicious! 


I was feeling lazy and not at all in the mood to cook dinner. I heated up a Dr. Praeger's Tex Mex veggie burger and topped it with my fav Vermont relish



On the side, I had some celery, which I dipped in a mixture of hummus, ricotta, buffalo sauce, and onion powder. The dip was surprisingly tasty with the celery sticks. 


From above... a smallish dinner, but I was saving room for dessert


Dessert was Fage mixed with quite a few peanut butter and chocolate chips. The combo of cold, smooth Fage with sugary, sweet chips was amazing! I savored every single bite! 


The plan for tonight is to hit the hay early, so we can carpe diem. There's a lot going on tomorrow-- mostly errands, cleaning, and some shopping. We have thank you cards to mail, I want to hit Marathon Sports for some new running sneakers, Mal needs new pants for work, so we'll probably visit the mall... maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. 

Good night!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, im new to this blog and i hope you dont mind me visiting im a new blogger myself and am trying to get some blog buddies! LOL! wow that looks A.Mazing! have a great weekend and keep up the great blogging work! :)
Lexi

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your relaxing evening - carpe diem, for sure! :0)

Anonymous said...

Love the old school reference!

jimmi said...

luving the old school reference. made me giggle out loud!

Anonymous said...

What kind of running sneakers do you get ?

Anonymous said...

Bev,

My current running sneakers are Nike, and to be honest, before this pair, I NEVER liked Nike as running shoes. In the past, I've always been a Sauconey girl.