Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Healthy vs. Unhealthy

The healthy parts of lunch today:

Salad with lots of veggies and toppings





The unhealthy part of lunch today:


Cold Stone Creamery! Holy sugar and saturated fat!


Here's the Cold Stone "Tastemaster" in action making my Cookie Doughn't You Want Some "Signature Creation."


My Cookie Doughn't You Want Some was made with Sinless Sans Fat (non-fat no sugar added) ice cream, chocolate chips, cookie dough, fudge, and caramel. (An all-star cast of ingredients!) My ice cream started melting almost immediately after leaving the store.


Sitting outside in the sun obviously didn't help my ice cream melting problem. It melted everywhere! I was a sticky mess! I ended up eating about 2/3 of this portion, which was more than enough. Cold Stone is delicious, but only for a few bites. It's just too sweet for me! It was a wonderful pre-birthday treat (my actual b-day is Thursday), especially since it was free, but Cold Stone really isn't one of my favorite ice cream places. I'm much more of a JP Licks or Kimball's gal! :)


Back to work I go!

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, way to go though getting the Sinless Ice Cream! That's always what I get too - helps balance out all the other add-ins ;)

Happy birthday early! That's our Wedding Anniversary also!

June 19th - great date!!!

Beth said...

Tina, did you toast that at home and then microwave it?

Kelly said...

Mmmm. I haven't had cold stone lately, perhaps I'll have to grab some. I also highly recommend Christina's. It's my favorite in the Boston/Cambridge area, although I do enjoy JP Licks as well.

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I toasted it at home last night then popped it in the toaster over here at work for a few minutes. It wasn't pretty good reheated!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Everything in moderation ;0)

RunEatRepeat said...

I would have eaten that whole thing. Sadly, nothing is too sweet for me.

Aimee said...

Yummy. Summer is a bad time with the ice cream cravings.

Happy early b-day!

Anne P said...

I'm not a huge Cold Stone fan either... I find it too thick and heavy. I like my ice cream milkier rather than creamier! I guess it has to be super thick though for them to mold it like that with the toppings!

Anonymous said...

Tina- when you made the oatmeal squares the other night, did they turn out kind of gooey?? i made some last night (added some brown sugar and flax seeds) but they are really gooey and not that good :(

but thank you for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Hmmmm, my oatmeal bars didn't turn out gooey. I used liquid egg whites instead of real eggs... maybe that's it?

Anonymous said...

That ice cream looks amazing. I'm a sucker for ooey gooey ice cream mixes so I would most likely devour something like that.

Maggie M. said...

Coldstone is worth it :) Treats are a-okay in my world!