Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cream Cheese-Ricotta Waffles with Strawberries

Another busy day ahead... but I have Cold Stone ice cream to look forward to this afternoon! THAT will definitely keep me trucking along though my piles and piles of work.

Breakfast today was a new creation:

Cream Cheese-Ricotta Waffles with Strawberries


Ingredients:

2 frozen waffles (I used Van's Organic brand)
1 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp ricotta
1/2 packet Splenda
1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)

How to:

1. Toast waffles
2. Combine cream cheese, ricotta, and Splenda in a small bowl. Stir until blended well.
3. Once waffles are toasted, spread cream cheese-ricotta mix on both waffles.
4. Layer strawberries between waffles; use remaining strawberry slices to top waffles.
5. Enjoy!

**Variation**

Add a squirt of maple syrup or honey! (I want to try both of these additions next time! Yum!)


Breakfast also included coffee with soy milk and Splenda at my desk. Check out the mess in the background already! I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days!


Question of the Day

What are you looking forward to most this summer?

Me: My wedding and honeymoon! I'm also looking forward to 4th of July weekend in Vermont. I'm excited about the farmer's markets too! They're just about all open now! Yay, fresh foods!

---------------------------------------------------------

Boston Question of the Day

How excited are you for the Celtics game tonight!?!

Me: Super excited! Can't wait! GO CELTICS! :)

20 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, those Cream Cheese-Ricotta Waffles are so perfectly plated!! Nice!!

Good luck with your busy day!!

What am I looking forward to the most this summer?? More dancing and fabulous weather :0)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE fresh produce in the summer too. I'm about ready to marry my sugar snap peas from the market. I luv them.

I'm also excited for a trip I'm taking up to Ontario by myself to visit my old camp! I seriously cannot contain myself about how excited I am.

chandra said...

I am super excited for my trip to Vegas next month, and my BIG birthday a few days later!! My golden/quarter-century! WooHoo!!! And my RAGNAR relay race - yowzers that will be nuts!

Nicole said...

I am excited to be heading to San Diego at the end of this week!

Boston Fan here!!! I am sooo excited for the game tonight, Go C's, beat LA!

Melanie said...

I'm cheering for the Celtics tonite too!!

Wow I have to try that waffle combination!

I am hoping to ween myself off of drinking diet soda and wondered if anyone has any tips for me on how to limit my intake? Or stop how to stop drinking it altogether? Definitely something I'd like to limit or stop completely.

This summer I am actually going to Boston for a wedding and can't wait for a few days away from DC!!

Anonymous said...

That looks tasty:) I love cold stone , hope your day goes great!!

Monica said...

Those waffles look delicious and the strawberries are gorgeous!

I'm excited for the half marathon I'm running this weekend! But I'm also looking forward to a summer filled with watermelon, grilling, and sun!

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Good question! My best suggestion would be to stop drinking soda all together. A good substitute though is soda water mixed with a little whole fruit juice-- a fruit spritzer! :) Or another good substitute is Fizzy Lizzy (I mentioned it on the blog this weekend), which is kind of like soda, but a lot better for you. Finally, if you want to "scare yourself straight" from drinking soda, google "evils of soda." You will find a lot of info there.

Anonymous said...

yum, looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Are you just going to Cold Stone for fun? Or is there some kind of promo/freebie going on that I don't know about? ;) I always miss them (e.g. free iced coffee at DD) and then read about them on your blog later - it makes me sad!

Anonymous said...

Alex,

You know how I love free stuff! :) No promo at Cold Stone, but I do have a coupon! If you sign up for Cold Stone's "club," they send you a coupon for free ice cream on your b-day. I'm cashing mine in today! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow its your Birthday then...Happy Birthday! Anything planned this evening?

RunEatRepeat said...

Your breakfast looks beautiful :)

Beth said...

OK, if it's your b-day you MUST get the Birthday Cake Remix at Coldstone. I LOOOOOOVE that! yum!

Unknown said...

Oh, well, if it's your birthday (or if it is coming up soon), Happy Birthday!

I'm only slightly jealous and bitter about your free Coldstone. Psh.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only adult in the Cold Stone club, glad I'm not alone! Can't wait for my free one in August :)

Anonymous said...

Tina, your breakfast looks amazing! I love your question of the day- I am most looking forward to vacation with my boyfriend- first to BOSTON (I will need serious recommendations on restaurants), then to Block Island, then a day trip to Stonington, CT (where I used to live)!

Thank you for your creative dishes- you are such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Go Celtics !! Looking forward to our month trip to
HHI. I was sent info on splenda the other day . It is really not good for you. Love the Grilled Cheese.

Anonymous said...

Bev,

Will you share the Splenda info that you received with me? I'm very curious now! I might need to be scared straight!

Becca said...

I'm looking forward to continuing my apprenticeship, starting one at a local cake maker, going to NYC and Miami.