Thursday, June 26, 2008

An Hour to Spare

Good morning!!!

At 10:00 this morning, I have a doctor's appointment to get a tetanus shot (I haven't had one in like 15 years) and a second Hepatitis A shot, which is for our travels to Turks and Caicos (our honeymoon destination). Somehow, I woke up, worked out, showered, got dressed, and made breakfast before I realized that I have a whole extra hour to kill before I have to leave for my appointment... which is wonderful (because I can relax and blog) and disappointing (because I could have slept for another hour). Oh well, carpe diem, I guess.

Breakfast this morning was similar to yesterday's: pumpkin oatmeal with dried apricots, but no walnuts today (we're all out).


Instead of topping my pumpkin oat bran with dried apricot pieces, I cooked them into the oat bran-- they were sweeter and softer than yesterday's apricot topping. Also, before my workout, I ate a good-sized bowl (approx. 1.5 servings) of Puffins PB cereal. My stomach was grumbling when I woke up!


Reception Place Cards

Mal and my arts and crafts project came out surprisingly well last night! Neither of our crafting skills even come close to those of Martha Stewart, but our place cards turned out really nice-- sort of stylish, but in no way perfect. I think they'll be perfect for the reception though. :)

Here's Mal stamping away... On my turn, he thought it would be "cute" to call me a "stamp tramp." Hilarious, Mal [insert sarcasm].


Iced Coffee Recipe

A few readers have asked me how I make my iced coffee. Here is how I make it: Homemade Iced Coffee. Enjoy!


New Camera Fun

A view from our balcony...


I'm still getting the hang of it.


15 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Best of luck at the doctor's!!

You're DEFINITELY getting the hang of your new camera - your skills are uncanny!!

WWSuzi said...

I make my iced coffee like that but i also freeze some of the coffee so that the ice cubes don't delete the iced coffee ;) Nice pictures!!

Anonymous said...

That's interesting that you make the ice coffee stronger... I had no idea!! I always make mine the same... good to know! "Stamp Tramp" hahaha too good!! Your view from your apartment is fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Im so jealous of your honeymoon.

seriously.

it's not healthy.

Miz.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have such a pretty view from your balcony. That sky is gorgeous! New cameras are so much fun to play with and try to figure out how everything works. Looks like you're already getting the hang of it!

Unknown said...

How do you make this pumpkin oat bran? It looks absolutely delish! I need to make it!

arielle said...

Nice view! I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

Thanks for letting us know you'll be involved in this month's recipe contest :). Feel free to email me at sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you have anymore questions! Good luck!

Sophie
KI Chief Blogger

Anonymous said...

Your view is GORGEOUS! Good luck at the doctor's! (I always loved getting shots.. haha)

Leah said...

You will LOVE Turks and Caicos. We took our kids there for spring break last year and stayed on Grace Bay -- it's one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever been to! The water is perfect! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Mel,

Here's how I make my pumpkin oat bran...

Combine:

1/3 cup oat bran (dry)
1/4 - 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup of water
1 tbsp of sugar-free maple syrup

Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and enjoy!

tfh said...

Getting travel shots can be kind of thrilling! If your new camera makes your view from home look so gorgeous, I can only imagine how spectacular your honeymoon pics will turn out!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the "stamping" project went well!!! I will have that project going this Sunday as well haha...

Anonymous said...

I just came back from Regent Palms T & C from my honeymoon - got married 5/24. You will LOVE it! Make sure you go to Ana Caona - it was the best restaurant on the island!

Anonymous said...

tlh2566,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Regent Palms! I am SO incredibly excited for our trip! THANK YOU for the restaurant recommendation! If you have any others, please send them my way! :)