Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes

If you didn't know already, Mollie Katzen is a cooking genius. I made her Spaghetti Squash Pancakes tonight. Wow. They were such a unique (and fun) way to eat spaghetti squash. 

I topped my spaghetti squash pancakes with salsa and sour cream, but while we were eating, Mal suggested melting cheese on top. Mmmmm... such a great idea! I didn't add cheese tonight, but I definitely will next time I make these! 


Here's a shot of a spaghetti squash pancake without the sour cream and salsa... 

The spaghetti squash pancakes had an onion-y, omelette taste to them, but the consistency of a pancake. The spaghetti squash pancake was a little stringy (not in a bad way) when I cut into it, but not while I was chewing it. Overall, it was a very delicious meal! Again, Mollie Katzen is a genius! 


Dessert was a repeat from last night: Peanut Butter Puffins and peanut butter and chocolate chips. It takes me awhile to eat each of these small pieces, so I can enjoy dessert for almost an hour. I love this new sweet snack! 


New Camera

Mal and I decided to invest in a new, nicer camera. With the wedding and honeymoon coming up and the blog, we figured it would be a good idea to upgrade. Hopefully, you guys will be seeing some better quality food photos on carrotsncake soon! 

We just received our new Nikon D40 SLR this afternoon, so I am still figuring out how to use it, but here are a couple of shots of some of the flowers on our balcony. 


I can't wait to really learn how to use our camera! It has a zillion features! 


Arts and Crafts

Mal and I are making our reception place cards tonight! We're using a rubber stamp and ink to decorate the cards with a hydrangea image. Let's hope they don't turn out too goofy! :)

8 Comments:

Catherine Weber said...

Mollie Katzen IS a genius in the kitchen. Enchanted Broccoli Forest is one of my most favorite cookbooks!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looks wonderful!! And wow, those flowers are stunning.

Anonymous said...

i read the title and immediately thought they were going to be breakfast pancakes. these look delicious.

Anonymous said...

OMG your camera looks awesome, as do the pancakes.

I would love to see your reception cards!

Anonymous said...

Oh, never tried the peanut butter puffins- only the cinnamon. Thanks for the suggestion! Your trail mix looks yummy.

Gorgeous pics :)

Anonymous said...

Tina, I have the same camera. I actually bought it last year and have loved it! We got it b/c with 2 kids, you can't really tell them to be still so that you can take their pic. I can't wait to try the iced coffee recipe!

Unknown said...

I tried out the peanut butter Puffins after reading about them here and they are delicious! I had them this morning with fresh blueberries and it really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing about them.

Leah said...

I got my husband that camera for Christmas and we use it all the time. It makes it so easy to take great pictures!