Monday, June 30, 2008

Late Lunch = Crankypants

I just finished eating my lunch a few minutes ago. I typically eat lunch around 11:30/12:00, so my stomach was not happy about waiting until almost 2:00 to eat (6.5 hours after breakfast). Now that I have eaten, I feel like a million bucks! (I get so cranky when I am hungry! It's not pretty!)

Lunch today was an Amy's Cheddar Cheese Burrito made with beans and rice. Overall, the burrito was tasty and satisfying, and the bean and cheese was a good flavor combination. My only gripe was its lack of spiciness and seasoning.

Amy's frozen burrito took less than 3 minutes to cook in the microwave at work. It was the perfect size for the right amount of calories (300 calories, 11g protein, 6g fiber), and I was happily content after eating the very last bite. The beans and cheese were blended together to create a soft, creamy consistency. The whole wheat tortilla was actually rather thick and wrapped tightly, so all of the ingredients inside stayed nicely in place. (Lunch also included a Ginger Snap Larabar.)

Inside the burrito you could still see whole beans and pieces of rice. Of course, I prefer the "real deal" when it comes to burritos, but as far as frozen burritos go, Amy's Organic burritos are an awesome option for a quick meal. Hands down, these are the best frozen burritos I have tried!


Another New Product

Having just finished lunch, I'm not sure if I will need an afternoon snack, but on the schedule is Barbara's Shredded Oats cereal...


and a black cherry-flavored Stonyfield yogurt. I''ll be sure to report back about the cereal!

***Update***
I'm only a little bit hungry, but around 4:00, I am planning to eat my afternoon snack. I thought having a little something now would be better than stuffing my face when I get home in 2.5 hours... although that could still happen! :)

13 Comments:

Beth said...

1) LOVE Amy's burritos!!

2) LOVE Shredded Oats! I have tried the vanilla flavor and just bought the Cinnamon kind. MMM!

3) I too get cranky when hungry. I call it hunger anger! My husband can see it coming a mile away and knows to get food in me STAT!

Anonymous said...

hey Tina-

where do you buy Amy's burritos? Do you know if Trader Joe's sells them or are they only found at places like Whole Foods?

Thanks :)

Tina said...

Anon,

I buy them at Stop & Shop. I think they sell them at Whole Foods too. I'm not sure about TJ's.

Anne said...

oh god i get soooooooooooo cranky when i'm hungry, too. my boyfriend also knows this and tries to avoid it when possible!! haha

Rosiecat said...

Ooh, you're trying my very favorite cereal! I eat them almost every morning for breakfast, mixed with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Those Shredded Oats have some serious staying power--an excellent snack choice.

Sometimes, for dessert, I eat my peanut-buttered Shredded Oats with chocolate chips, but don't tell anyone--it's my cereal secret :-)

VeggieGirl said...

Amy's burritos are definitely great when time is not on one's side.

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina ...
Okay, I have a lame question. Today has been a "bottomless pit" day, but I have tried to eat healthily anyway. So, I've eaten a banana, 1/3 c. bluberries, a kiwi, a nectarine, an apple, 1/4 c. raisins and an orange. (I also had a mixed veggie salad, a small Thomas' bagel and some of the fruit was mixed with oats and yogurt for muesli).
Is it possible to eat too much fruit? I was feeling pretty good for being able to avoid the junk food ... But now I am not so sure!
Thanks,
Carrie H

Beth said...

Carrie, I'm not Tina - but have you had any protein or fat today? A little of those two partnered with the fruit would go a long way in helping you feel full.

alicia said...

Anonymous,

I agree with Beth. While fruit is healthy, you need protein and fats as well. That is why you seem hungrier today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, guys. Normally I do eat some protien or fats ... But there was a lot of fruit in my office and since I was hungry and trying to avoid the junk, I just kept eating it! I'll know what to do today to avoid the same problem ...
Carrie H

Joe said...

Embroidery & Beading bridal gowns Embroidery & Sequin bridal gowns Lace bridal gowns Halter bridesmaid dresses High Neck bridesmaid dresses Jewel bridesmaid dresses Elastic Satin bridesmaid dresses Satin bridesmaid dresses Beading & Rhinestone bridesmaid esses Glamor mother of bride dresses Portrait mother of bride dresss Elastic Satin & Chiffon mother of bride dresses Satin & Chiffon mother of bride dresses Applique & Beading mother of bride dresses Mary's Bridal flower girl dresses Mon Cheri flower girl dresses Sabrina flower girl dresses Scoop flower girl dresses Spaghetti Straps flower girl dresses

Joe said...

Adrianna Papell prom dresses Alexia Designs prom dresses Alfred Angelo prom dresses Alyce Designs prom dresses Amelie Bridal prom dresses Antonio Castelli prom dresses Atelier Alyce prom dresses Bella Formals prom dresses BG Haute prom dresses Blondie Nites prom dresses Bonny prom dresses Cassandra Stone prom dresses Cire prom dresses Clarisse prom dresses Da Vinci prom dresses Envi prom dresses Enzoani prom dresses Faviana prom dresses Flash Prom prom dresses Forever Yours prom dresses Gigi prom dresses Hannah S prom dresses Impression prom dresses Interlude prom dresses Jessica McClintock prom dresses Johnathan Kayne prom dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses