Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little Miss Productive

I haven't stop moving all day! It was a very productive day, but I am pooped now! After this post, I am planning to snuggle-up in bed, read this week's US Weekly, and drift off to slumber-land. I guarantee that my Saturday night is the complete opposite of Mal's! :)

Dinner tonight was inspired by Mollie Katzen's Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini recipe from her cookbook, The Vegetable Dishes That I Can't Live Without


We had just one zucchini, and I was only cooking for myself, so I deviated from Mollie Katzen's recipe and did my own thing. 


How to: I sliced the zucchini lengthwise, then into smaller 2-inch pieces. Next, I coated the bottom of a baking dish with non-stick spray, and covered it with the zucchini pieces. Then, I drizzled olive oil on the zucchini, and sprinkled 1/4 cup of bread-crumbs and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top. Finally, I baked the whole thing in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. It came out great-- very delicious! 


I was so busy today that I didn't even think about an afternoon snack until almost dinnertime... and by then, my hunger hit me hard! I thought about just waiting until dinner to eat, but my body wanted to eat immediately. To hold me over, I ate a bowl of PB Puffins with strawberry slices and soy milk. My snack kept me satisfied for another 2-3 hours. 


I finished off the box of Peanut Butter Puffins today (how tragic!), but I already added another box to our grocery list for the week. :)


Lunch was a random mix of foods today. I finished of the rest of the spaghetti squash, and melted a little Olivio spread on top. Lunch also included 1/2 an English muffin with peanut butter, an orange, and a Ginger Snap Larabar (my favorite flavor!) 


Banana Butterscotch Muffins

My productive day also included some baking. We had 2 very ripe bananas that were dying to be used in a recipe, so they became the basis for tonight's baking experiment: Banana mini muffins with butterscotch chips. 


Ingredients:
Makes 12 mini muffins

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 ripe bananas
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup applesauce
1/4 cup butterscotch chips 
1 tbsp liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
3. Coat mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Divide muffin batter evenly among muffin cups. 
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until center of muffins is fully cooked. 
6. Cool on wire rack.


It is sooooo bedtime! Good night, all! 

2 Comments:

littlegirl said...

these muffins look great!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I love that Larabar flavor too :0)

Banana-Butterscotch muffins?!?!?! Wow, do those sound good.