Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wide Awake

Good morning! Happy Sunday! I woke up bright and early this morning at 6:05, totally wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep (it being Sunday morning and all), but for some reason, I was wired! (I guess I got a good night's sleep, huh?) Instead of just lying in bed, I decided to get up and get my day started. 

My morning began with a big glass of water and 3 Banana-Butterscotch Muffins. After my snack, I headed downstairs to walk on the treadmill-- I did an easy 30 minutes while watching TV. I really want to go running later today, but it's super foggy and a little chilly outside. I am hoping the weather will clear up soon... otherwise, it's more treadmill for me. Blah. 

After my workout, stretching, and a shower, I made myself an egg white breakfast sandwich on an English muffin with spinach and buffalo sauce. As always, delish! What is it about breakfast sandwiches?! They're always so yummy! 


I also made myself a smoothie-- made with strawberries, a banana, and soy milk. 


Foodbuzz Goodies

Foodbuzz is the best! I'm sure you guys have noticed the Foodbuzz advertisement on the right side of my blog, and I have mentioned them a few times in the blog in the past. Basically, FB is a community of foodies, who share recipes, cooking tips, restaurant reviews, and everything and anything related to food. It's a pretty awesome network, especially for those of us interested in all things food! Anyway, the nice people at Foodbuzz sent me a "Happy Summer" gift: an earth-friendly tote made from 100% organic cotton fabric with the FB logo on it. It'll be perfect for hitting the farmer's markets! The bag also came with a packet of wildflower seeds and a button that says "Carrots and Cake" on it. So fun! Foodbuzz, you rock! Thanks! 


8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

I love FoodBuzz :0)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of buying pb puffins and know you love them, but they look really unsatisfying even as a snack. Do you find these satisfying?

Also, how do you make your egg whites for your sandwiches. It looks like the professional ones- it square and even!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Yep, I find them satisfying-- and they are super tasty!

Anonymous said...

looks like your energy carried over from last night :)

enjoy your day, hope the weather clears up so you can take your run outside!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed by all the great eats you manage to top with buffalo sauce. I really need to start topping some of my food with it. Do you use a specific brand at all?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you saw this part of my post, but
how do you make your egg whites for your sandwiches. It looks like the professional ones- it square and even!

Anonymous said...

lighterportions,

I use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. It's the best!

Amanda,

I use liquid egg whites-- just spray a cereal-size bowl with cooking spray, pour in egg whites, nuke in microwave for about a minute-- the egg whites come out like a patty... a perfect round size for a breakfast sandwich!

Anonymous said...

you up EARLY WOMAN!

and I echo amanda about your egg white muffin.

we need a post solely on THAT!

Miz.