Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wacky Weather

Mother Nature keeps us on our toes here in Boston. Today's weather was "typical" of New England:
  • Morning: Cool, gray, foggy
  • Afternoon: Partly sunny, humid, warm
  • Mid-afternoon: Sunny, less humid, warm 
  • Evening: Dark, stormy, raining
  • Evening (10 minutes later): Partly sunny, breezy, perfect (70 degrees)
Workout and Lunch

Once the morning cleared up, I managed to fit in a 5.2 mile run down near the ocean. My run felt great (I love my Nike+ipod gadget!) until the last 1/2 mile or so when my left hip started to ache. I stretched a ton when I got home, so let's hope it was just a fluke. 

Lunch today included a spinach salad with carrots, red onion, a pickle, a dollop of hummus, and balsamic vinegar... 


and a peanut butter and apricot sandwich on whole wheat...


and a Stonyfield yogurt. I covered all the bases, right? Lunch was very satisfying today-- I didn't need a "real" snack this afternoon.


Around 4:30, I was sort of hungry, but I was planning to cook dinner in about an hour, so I drank a pomegranate-lemonade and ate 2 pickles to hold me over. 


Dinner

Mal had quite the good time last night at his bachelor party. He and his friends drank vodka tonics and stayed up until 5:30 this morning, so needless to say, he wasn't feeling 100% when he arrived home this afternoon. Being the nice fiance that I am, I offered to cook dinner for him-- his request: Annie's Mac and Cheese (aka one of the best comfort foods ever). 


I mixed the Annie's with ground turkey and steamed spinach. I think it actually made Mal feel a little bit better.


My after dinner sweet snack was half of a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and butterscotch chips. The combo of peanut butter and butterscotch was divine!!!!!!! I really want to have another half! :) 


It's movie time for us! I don't think Mal can handle much more tonight. Poor guy. 

6 Comments:

VeggieGirl said...

SAME WEATHER HERE!!!

A peanut-butter & apricot sandwich AND a peanut-butter & butterscotch sandwich??? Oh my goodness, Tina, those look absolutely SENSATIONAL!!!! You're brilliant for making those combinations.

lighterportions said...

Haha aw poor Mal. Sounds like he had a good night though. He sure is lucky to have you there to nurse him to good health again with delicious meals eh? Haha

PB and butterscotch together DOES sound divine... I could sure go for something butterscotchy right about now.

Melanie said...

I love anything with butterscotch! And I think I need to try that sandwhich!!

Joe said...

Wedding Dress Wedding Dresses Wholesale Wedding Dresses Cheap Wedding Dresses Bridal Online Shop 2010 New Styles Alexia Designs bridal gowns Alfred Angelo bridal gowns Alfred Sung bridal gowns Aliska K bridal gowns Allure Bridals bridal gowns Alyce Designs bridal gowns Demetrios bridal gowns Dere Kiang bridal gowns Divina Sposa bridal gowns Do You Love Me bridal gowns Dolce Jovani bridal gowns Eden Bridals bridal gowns Ella Bridals bridal gowns Ella Rosa bridal gowns Emerald Bridal bridal gowns Enzoani bridal gowns Essense of Australia bridal gowns Eternity bridal gowns Forever Yours bridal gowns

Joe said...

Satin & Lace mother of bride dresses Satin & Organza mother of bride dresses Satin & Taffeta mother of bride dresses Taffeta & Chiffon mother of bride dresses Taffeta & Lace mother of bride dresses Taffeta & Organza mother of bride dresses Sleeveless mother of bride dresses Cap Sleeves mother of bride dresses Short Sleeves mother of bride dresses Elbow Sleeves mother of bride dresses Three Quarter Sleeves mother of bride dresses Long Sleeves mother of bride dresses Beading mother of bride dresses Sequin mother of bride dresses Sash mother of bride dresses Flower mother of bride dresses Beading & Sequin mother of bride dresses Beading & Flower mother of bride dresses Beading & Lace mother of bride dresses Applique mother of bride dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses