Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wacky Weather

Mother Nature keeps us on our toes here in Boston. Today's weather was "typical" of New England:
  • Morning: Cool, gray, foggy
  • Afternoon: Partly sunny, humid, warm
  • Mid-afternoon: Sunny, less humid, warm 
  • Evening: Dark, stormy, raining
  • Evening (10 minutes later): Partly sunny, breezy, perfect (70 degrees)
Workout and Lunch

Once the morning cleared up, I managed to fit in a 5.2 mile run down near the ocean. My run felt great (I love my Nike+ipod gadget!) until the last 1/2 mile or so when my left hip started to ache. I stretched a ton when I got home, so let's hope it was just a fluke. 

Lunch today included a spinach salad with carrots, red onion, a pickle, a dollop of hummus, and balsamic vinegar... 


and a peanut butter and apricot sandwich on whole wheat...


and a Stonyfield yogurt. I covered all the bases, right? Lunch was very satisfying today-- I didn't need a "real" snack this afternoon.


Around 4:30, I was sort of hungry, but I was planning to cook dinner in about an hour, so I drank a pomegranate-lemonade and ate 2 pickles to hold me over. 


Dinner

Mal had quite the good time last night at his bachelor party. He and his friends drank vodka tonics and stayed up until 5:30 this morning, so needless to say, he wasn't feeling 100% when he arrived home this afternoon. Being the nice fiance that I am, I offered to cook dinner for him-- his request: Annie's Mac and Cheese (aka one of the best comfort foods ever). 


I mixed the Annie's with ground turkey and steamed spinach. I think it actually made Mal feel a little bit better.


My after dinner sweet snack was half of a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and butterscotch chips. The combo of peanut butter and butterscotch was divine!!!!!!! I really want to have another half! :) 


It's movie time for us! I don't think Mal can handle much more tonight. Poor guy. 

3 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SAME WEATHER HERE!!!

A peanut-butter & apricot sandwich AND a peanut-butter & butterscotch sandwich??? Oh my goodness, Tina, those look absolutely SENSATIONAL!!!! You're brilliant for making those combinations.

Anonymous said...

Haha aw poor Mal. Sounds like he had a good night though. He sure is lucky to have you there to nurse him to good health again with delicious meals eh? Haha

PB and butterscotch together DOES sound divine... I could sure go for something butterscotchy right about now.

Melanie said...

I love anything with butterscotch! And I think I need to try that sandwhich!!