Monday, June 2, 2008

Walking, Talking, and More Walking

Boy, did I walk tonight! Instead of running after work like I had planned, I took a walk with Mal down by the ocean. We walked for 1 hour and 20 minutes! We hadn't planned to do that much walking, but the weather was gorgeous, and we were having such a nice time chatting, we kept walking and talking. 

We worked up quite an appetite after all of that walking! Towards the end of our walk, both of us had the "stomach grumbles," and we spent the last 10 minutes talking about what we should make for dinner when we got home. We decided on turkey meatball subs and tomato slices with fresh basil (from our patio garden) and mozzarella.  

Tomato slices with basil, mozzarella, ground pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil... soooooo delish! Mal and I shared this plate. 


I also had a small side salad with lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and homemade Classic Dijon Vinaigrette


For the turkey meatball sub, we used Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs, Nature's Promise whole wheat sub rolls, Walnut Acres Organic Tomato & Basil sauce, and a shredded cheddar cheese on top. My sub was just a half, but with 2 large turkey meatballs, 1/2 a plate of tomatoes and mozzarella, and a salad, I was plenty full! 


From above... a 3-plate dinner


About 20 minutes after eating dinner, my sweet tooth kicked in strong! Usually, if I eat a substantial dinner, I don't crave sweets. I ate a decent-sized dinner tonight, and somehow, I ended up with a killer craving for sugar. (I was actually sort of surprised.) I gave in, and made myself a 1/2 Joseph's pita with Fluff  (I found it buried in our cupboard) and a few peanut butter and chocolate chips. It was super sweet, but did the trick! 

Blog Problems?

A reader commented yesterday about having trouble loading my blog. Has anyone else had issues? I tried loading my page a few times yesterday, and it took forever! Our wireless internet can be pretty sketchy at times because our router is a piece of crap, so I wasn't sure if it was just my internet connection or other people were having the same issue. Sorry if it has been an issue! I'll try looking into it some more. 

10 Comments:

Becca said...

My blog wouldn't load for me earlier today. I do recall it taking a bit longer a few days ago for your page to load for me as well. I just figured something was up with the host or whatever! Now its working fine!

The tomato, mozzarella, and basil looks so refreshing!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I go for long walks like that almost everyday (weather-depending) - doesn't it feel GREAT afterwards?!

Oooh, that tomato & basil sauce sounds lovely; and that pita with the fluff!! Yum!!

YES!!! Blogger has been a bitch lately, with loading/uploading - it's been happening on a lot of blogger accounts :0(

Anonymous said...

Yes on the trouble loading....I couldn't get on pretty much all of yesterday :(

So happy to see it's up working for me now!!

Anonymous said...

Blogger was entirely down yesterday, I couldn't get any of them to load and it kept popping up with the Google logo saying "Try again in 30 seconds."

Anonymous said...

Blogger's been evil today! Nothing loaded. =(

Aren't walks funny like that? I always find myself thinking "Yeah I'll go for 30 minutes" and end up walking for miles!

Dinahsoar said...

When I tried to view your blog the past couple of days all I got was a blank page...the header with the picture and title were there but nothing else. I read some other "Blogger" blogs and they were fine, so wondered what was up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!

I was just going to tell you that I love your blog-so I check it daily! Every once in awhile, when I try to come to your page, nothing will load except the side bar showing your blogroll and your title. There is no text, and no pictures. I don't know why it does this, but I have noticed it to. I don't have a blog, so I can't even try to begin to help diagnose the issue =)

One Food Guy said...

Hey bug, Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs are so great. In my opinion they are much better than the frozen beef meatballs.

Anonymous said...

Yes, your blog ...which I have really come be quite a fan of... was down for two days. The left navigation bar and header would load up, but NO page content, and all of the links in the left nav bar were dead as well. Seems to be back in splendid working order now, however!... cheers and thank you for a tremendous and informative blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to those of you who replied about my blog problems. I did some investigation, and the loading issue might have been due to a ISP (Internet Service Provider) problem. Apparently, Comcast was doing some updating/fixing this past weekend. Let's hope they're all set now!