Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to "Normal"

Back to the grind. Blah. I was really getting used to all of that rest, relaxation, and time off! :)

I have 254 emails waiting for my attention, a staff meeting, and Walter Willett's talk this afternoon, so I need to make this quick and get crackin'!

I could not sleep last night! My mind was racing (don't you hate that?), and I didn't fall asleep until after midnight, so I decided to skip the gym this morning. I'll probably hit the gym this evening.

Breakfast this morning was blueberry oatmeal. It's been well over a week since I've eaten oatmeal-- I missed it so much!


As I remembered: warm, thick, creamy, and delicious!


To my oatmeal, I added 2 tablespoons of Bob's Red Mill Golden Flaxseed Meal. It gave my breakfast a slight nutty flavor, and added a nutritional punch of fiber, protein, and essential fatty acids.


Blueberry oatmeal goodness from above with a multivitamin and ice water...


Iced coffee with Silk Soy Creamer...

The Silk Soy Creamer was smooth, rich, and thick, so just a little went a long way in my coffee-- it lightened it right up! And each tablespoon is just 15 calories. I used the plain flavor, which surprisingly added a little sweetness to my iced coffee. I'm a big fan of this stuff!


Million and one things to do today...

13 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ha! I had blueberries in my oatmeal as well this morning - along with a banana and hazelnut-butter. Divine!! :0)

Good luck at work - you'll be back to your routine in no time, hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

That is so unfortunate you didn't get to sleep well last night when you have so much to do this morning!

Best of luck staying focused and motivated!

sloank said...

how is it adjusting to married life?? any different from before or just a little more exciting?

Anonymous said...

I use that flax seed in EVERYTHING, smoothies, oatmeal, cookies, muffins, brownies...you name it, it's in there!

Rose said...

Gotta love coming back to work and having a stuffed inbox... good luck today!

Aimee said...

Welcome back... Even though there is sooo much work for you. And yes I hate those nights as well.

Beth said...

So Tina, when are we going to see a little one?

(And by little one, I mean a PUG PUPPY!!!) haha.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

yummm blueberries! good luck at work today. must stink having to get back into the grind after such fun!!

can't wait for more pics

TheRavenousMommy said...

The 1st day back is always the worst. Gotta try that creamer, I'm a recent convert to Silk Vanilla..I can't believe I waited so long to try it!

Anonymous said...

That is a crazy amount of e-mails! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

254 emails?! Wow!!!

I really like Silk creamer. I use the hazelnut flavor in my coffee :)

Good luck today at work - you can do it! oh and btw, those paninis you and Mal made last night looked pretty much AMAZING.

Becca said...

Ground flax is great! I use it every morning in my oats!

LK Sisters said...

We always add flaxmeal to everything - always for breakfast with cereal or with oatmeal. And smoothies too. Yum!