Monday, July 21, 2008

Tomato, Mozzerella, and Basil Paninis

Ooooooh, how I love paninis! To be honest, I love them in a weird, infatuated/obsessive kind of way... actually, it scared me a little! :)

Ok, Mr. Mal is waiting to watch a movie with me, so gotta make this quick.

Prepared paninis ready to be grilled...


Our paninis mid-cook...

We made 4 sandwiches-- Mal ate 2, I saved one for lunch tomorrow. I love this new machine! :)


Inside our paninis was sliced tomato, mozzarella, and fresh basil from our balcony garden. On each piece of bread, we brushed a little olive oil. Sooooo good!


The final product up close...


As always, dessert: leftover lemon-strawberry cake from our wedding. We froze the leftovers before we left for our honeymoon. The cake was still decadent!


Movie time! Back to the grind tomorrow... blah! More honeymoon and wedding highlights tomorrow and later this week! :)

9 Comments:

Meg said...

Thank you for sharing all your Honeymoon details. You both look so happy and the food looks delicious. Your leftover wedding cake looks mighty tasty too!!!

http://megansmunchies.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

A big thank you!

It's so nice of you to share so many highlights from your honeymoon. It looks like a wonderful place, I wish Turks and Caicos was more accessible from the West Coast! In the middle of planning an August vacation right now, and your stories and pictures have really wet my appetite for an infinity pool next to a beautiful beach.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Panini + cake + movie = great evening :0)

Mo said...

Tina,
I swear we must have been separated at birth. I have an obsession with paninis as well. I just started making my own, otherwise I was eating the Lean Cuisine ones. But, by far, my biggest obsession is cake - actually, mostly the frosting! :) I went through a phase of getting the Sam's club cakes, and cutting them into individual portions and freezing. It's delicious in the semi frozen state.

Simple and Divine said...

Tina you are so sweet to be including us all in your wedding :) Seriously, thank you!! I know, for many, a wedding is such a personal experience, but it means so much to me, and all of your loyal readers, that you want to share that experience with us!!

Those panini's look fabu too! It's amazing what delicious, GREAT QUALITY and simple ingredients can do to food :) Yum yum yum!

CONGRATS AGAIN TO MRS. & MR. TINA ;)

Anonymous said...

great photos from the honeymoon! hope you post more wedding details.

Emily said...

We love our panini press too!! Try chicken breasts on there, it's like a super strength George Foreman! Congratulations on your marriage

Anonymous said...

I hear you - I too have a love for paninis! I want a panini press but honestly, we have SOOO many gadgets that I don't think I can afford anymore or have more storage space :) We have a quesadilla maker, smoothie maker, magic bullet, waffle iron, and the list goes on and on! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE frozen cake. Not ice cream cake, but normal cake frozen. I think I was more excited about eating our wedding cake on our one year anniversary than at our wedding because it was frozen!!

And lemon strawberry cake. Yum!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com