Monday, July 21, 2008

Parallel 23

Another place that Mal and I frequented at the Regent Palms was Parallel 23. Parallel 23 "...is the Palms' main dining establishment, and showcases delectable tropical fusion cuisine, complemented by an extensive wine cellar." Mal and I enjoyed both a continental breakfast (included with our stay) each morning as well as a "fancy" dinner on the elegant Parallel 23 terrace.

The continental breakfast included a variety of fresh fruit-- pineapple, mango, kiwi, papaya, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, watermelon, grapefruit, peaches, and pears. The selection changed daily, so breakfast was never the same thing two days in a row.


The spread also included plain yogurt, various cereals, and mini pastries that ranged from muffins to fancy filled croissants and danishes.


A view of the terrace where we ate our breakfast each morning...


A variety of fresh fruit, a muffin, chocolate-filled croissant, and yogurt topped with golden raisins and walnuts...


Iced coffee in paradise...


Here I am enjoying a Parallel 23 continental breakfast before my morning workout...


Raisin Bran mixed with yogurt, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and chopped fresh fruit...


Another morning, another delicious breakfast of fruit, yogurt, and pastries...

I swear, the food selection never got old!


In addition to the continental breakfast, Mal and I also enjoyed a romantic dinner at Parallel 23 on our first evening at the Palms. Here I am using a mini flashlight to see the menu.


To start, we enjoyed a variety of rolls and breads along with whipped butter and olive tapenade, which I dominated-- I think Mal only got one bite of it! :)


Spicy vegetable pate complements of the chef... it was incredibly flavorful!!


Mango sorbet in a caramelized sugar waffle, also complements of the chef and very delicious...


My entree was a single crab cake topped with a sweet red pepper jam on top of a creamy corn relish... I wish the menu was online so that I could provide the exact description of the meal, but I think mine is pretty accurate.


Mal got a Parmesan ravioli dish with steam veggies. He couldn't remember the details of his meal, but he said it was delicious!


Honeymooners after dinner...


And finally, two warm, chewy chocolate cookies and a special message for dessert...


We're using our new panini maker tonight to make tomato-basil-mozzarella paninis for dinner! Yuuuummm!

15 Comments:

Allison said...

Wow, you are doing an amazing job documenting everything. It looks like it was a wonderful trip.

Nicole said...

Wow! All that food looks absolutely fabulous.

It looks like a great time! Congratulations!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The fruit, sorbet, and cookies look absolutely drool-worthy - yum!!

Oooh, have fun with the new panini maker! :0D

Anonymous said...

Wow, you clearly have a boob job. Disqusting.

Tina said...

Anon,

Actually, just the opposite-- I had a breast reduction in April 2004.

arielle said...

You guys look great! I'm glad you had such a good time. I would've dominated the olive tapenade too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the photos!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I'll be in Boston Aug. 21-24. Hope we can get together.

Melanie said...

Tina I love your blue dress! Everything looks so amazing! So glad you guys had such a great week together :-) Thanks for sharing your photos & experience! I think I need to visit Turks & Caicos now!

Anonymous said...

you look amazing and so does your new hubby

Anonymous said...

tina,

Ignore that rude person. Your boobs look real (& great!). I never would have guessed you had a reduction. Id love to hear your story sometime, as Ive been considering getting mine reduced as well.

Alicia said...

Gosh the food look delicious and you look so radiant, Tina. Like a newly blushing bride.

I like eating that kind of breakfast foods as well and those chocolate cookies are to die for.

Tina said...

Molly,

I would love to talk anytime! Please let me know if you have any questions. I had a great experience.

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks great!!!! I want to go on vacation!!!!

Anonymous said...

That crab cake dish looks beyond divine!! Your food is making my mouth water!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I have the same dress! I showed my boyfriend these pictures because he teases me about wearing the dress all the time, and he was drooling over you. Totally inappropriate for a newly married woman, I reminded him!! Haha. I love seeing and reading about your honeymoon. Thanks for sharing!! Congratulations!