Monday, July 21, 2008

Plunge

Mal and I spent a lot of our time lounging at the Regent Palms' swim-up bar and restaurant, Plunge. Plunge is made up of the Palms' serpentine infinity pool and an outdoor dining area that overlooks the ocean. In the pool, guests relax with in-water seating at round café booths or at the swim-up bar.

My favorite meal at Plunge was the Vegetarian Platter-- I actually ordered it 4 different times in 6 days! The Platter comes with lightly toasted pita bread, homemade hummus (I found a whole chickpea it in one day), couscous, baba ganoush, cucumber slices, sprouts, roasted red peppers, olives, and feta. I loved combining all of the different ingredients to get various tastes and flavors. The dish never got boring for me!


I was in LOVE with this meal! I hope that I can recreate it at home!


Another Plunge favorite was the Grilled Veggie Wrap. Inside was various grilled squashes, peppers, mushrooms, hummus, and guacamole (with lightly oiled greens on the side). Delish!


Plunge had about 10 "signature" cocktails on their menu. Over the course of the week, Mal and I probably tried just about all of them. Here's Mal with a pina colada.


Honeymooners lounging by the pool...


A shot of Plunge from the pool...


Plunge's swim-up bar... so fun!


Turks Head (the native beer of the island) at the bar...


Mmmmm... fruity cocktails!


Plunge's cafe-style tables...


Time for errands and lunch! Be back with more later! :)

24 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool?!?!? You actually got to eat while sitting in the pool? I've always loved swim up bars, but eating there takes it to a whole new amazing level!! :)

Beth said...

Wow, are the bartenders in the water too? I would think they'd get cold & wrinkly after a while...!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, the Vegetarian Platter and the Veggie Wrap look delish!! What a gorgeous poolside setting as well.

Mo said...

Tina,
I love reading your blog. Especially reliving your honeymoon, as it reminds me of mine last year to the Virgin Islands. The best week of my life! (And probably similar to your week.)

I love your healthy attitude, lifestyle, and joy in life. You are one classy gal!

Anonymous said...

Ahh I love swim up bars - I've never taken advantage of them in the alcoholic sense, but when I was little I always got a Shirley Temple in Hawaii :o)

I am jealous of your arms, girl! As well as that vegetarian platter - yum!!

Anonymous said...

I know you have posted pictures of yourself before but I feel compelled to tell you how FANTASTIC you look! You look so happy and so healthy! I really enjoy your blog, thanks so much for being a healthy inspiration!

Aimee said...

Swim up bars are the best! One of the bartenders during my honeymoon knew the drink my husband always ordered and would get it ready when he saw him swimming towards the pool, so fun. That food looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Your shoulders and arms look absolutely frickin incredible in that first shot of you in the red bathing suit.

Jenna said...

that looks like SO much fun!!!!! And that veggie platter with the hummus looks amazing as well. So glad to hear you all had a wonderful time. I look forward to more pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

that looks so much fun! your food looks so amazing and healthy, and might i add you look stunning and gorgeus!

sloank said...

Congratulations, Tina!!! That all looks so fantastic, I'm sure you will always have such great memories!!! Your arms ARE amazing!! How did you do it?? Seriously.. you're an inspiration!!

Anne P said...

ahhhhhhh so jealous! i love the swim up food and bar!! that platter really does look awesome and it looks like you guys had such a great week :) looking forward to seeing more pictures! also, i am jealous of your arms as well! (and your boobs, not gonna lie!)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I love seeing the pics from your honeymoon and wedding.. its funny and I am sure everyone else who reads your blog can say the same, I feel like I know you hahah. You look great and so does the food!

Christie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the honeymoon - looks amazing! You do look great in the pictures, also - both you and Mal are in great shape and show a fab example!

Anonymous said...

I think you need a bigger bikini top!! JEESH>

Melanie said...

Looks like so much fun!! Great poolside eats too! This inspires to go on vacation later this year! Thanks for sharing! You look amazing too!

miho said...

that looks insanely good! you look fantastic too!

Anonymous said...

I think you look amazing!!

Looks like a great time, Tina :) It's making me miss my honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

Wow you look amazing! The veggie platter looks so good, I've had them before in resturants and I loveee making different combinations with all the different things on the platter too!

I'm so happy for you and I can't wait for more updates!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! So exciting for you both :)

Anonymous said...

Tina, so happy you had a good time! It looks like you really enjoyed every aspect of the honeymoon, and you look absolutely gorgeous! You are a great inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your reviews with us!

Anonymous said...

your honeymoon pictures are so motivating! my honeymoon is in january and although i dont have much weight to lose, you look so buff in your pictures and it's totally MOTIVATING! thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

You look incredible!!! And swim-up bars are such a fabulous invention. So are signature cocktails!

http://sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Tina, you look so radiant and beautiful! Congrats on the wedding. I guess that this is also a good time to say that I really appreciate your down-to-earth, entertaining food blog, as well. :)