Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Early Bird Dinner

Mal and I have a movie date tonight, so dinner was eaten super early this evening. Our options were eating now, after the movie (around 9:30) or buying movie theater food for dinner. Preparing a fast meal at home was an easy decision for us! 

Dinner included a simple salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and organic creamy Italian dressing drizzled on top. 


While I made the salad, Mal threw together a couple quick paninis for us. (I have a feeling our panini-maker is going to get a ton of use!) Inside was Boars Head pepper-cracked turkey, swiss cheese, and balsamic sweet onion jam... and a pickle on the side. 


Dinner all together...


The plan for dessert is a plastic baggie with three Mi-Del Vanilla Snaps inside for the movie theater. (I try to avoid the expensive, mega-portions of movie theater candy.) I just finished eating my dinner, so I am not hungry, but I know I'll want something sweet a little later. :)


Sorry such a rushed post! Off to see Dark Night with my husband

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the husband :) I'm sure it's so great to say that!! enjoy the movie...I've yet to see it, but hear it's great!

Melanie said...

Enjoy the movie! I saw Dark Knight on Sunday with my boyfriend. It is a loooooong movie but good. Heath Ledger is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

yum! turkey and swiss together is SO GOOD!

Amy said...

I've been married for only 6 months and I still get all giddy saying the work HUSBAND! ;)

Enjoy!

sarah (SHU) said...

i definitely want to hear what you think of the movie - my husband is trying to get me to go!

honeymoons are the BEST, aren't they? i think they should be annual occasions personally!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You're definitely getting good use out of that panino maker - fabulous!!

Enjoy 'Dark Night'!!!

Jillian said...

let us know what you think! i thought dark knight was amazing!!

Sarah said...

Enjoy the movie! We saw the Dark Knight on Sunday and really enjoyed it!
Heath Ledger and Michael Cain both gave great performances.

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Have fun at the movie with your HUSBAND! :) It's a good one...I enjoyed it and those are not my types of movies at all. Of course I went because of the boyfriend...and all the hype.

Anonymous said...

loved seeing pics of your honeymoon. congrats! any chance we'll get to see pictures of you as a gorgeous bride? and all of the other amazing wedding fun?

emdoc10 said...

can you find balsamic sweet onion jam taste at the grocery store? Dark Knight was so good but SO long. When you walk out you'll wonder exactly how many drugs Heath was on...but he did an amazing job of "getting into character."

Fitnessista said...

your panini looks fabulous!!

enjoy the movie-- it was very good, but definitely gave me the heeby jeebies :)

may i add you to my blogroll?

Anonymous said...

Your panino looks PERFECT!

Protea said...

Oh, I also want to see batman, he's my all time favourite hero! we'll try to go this weekend, if we have time, as there are so many social events we're going to! Busy busy! I'm still trying to say the word fiance! Its so awkward! 6 years saying J is my boyfriend, now fiance! Soon husband! Wow! he he!
d

Tina said...

Fitnessista,

Of course, you can add me to your blogroll! :)

Anonymous said...

Emlod10,

Yep, I found the balsamic sweet onion jam at the grocery store. Sorry that I didn't post more about it last night-- I was in such a rush to get to the movie. The jam is Stop & Shop's "Simply Enjoy" brand, which I found with the other jams and jellies. The spread was soo yummy-- it was chunky, almost like a chutney.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. Stopped, picked up the phone and called my husband to find out what night he wanted to go see Dark Knight this weekend. Thanks for reminding me!

Oh and I also asked for a panini maker. :)

SweetsandSweats