Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A New Snack

Lunch started early today. I'm surprised that my oatmeal didn't hold me over as well as it usually does. Around 11:00 am, my stomach started to grumble, so I dug into my carrots and homemade dip.


Lunch also included a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with spicy mustard, a juicy peach, and a dark chocolate Adora calcium disk. In my opinion, a well-rounded meal! :)

After lunch, I went for a 30 minute walk around the medical area with my iPod. It's cloudy outside, but cool and breezy.


New Snack Alert!


My lunch is holding me over well, especially since I ate about an hour earlier than usual, but I'm already looking forward to my afternoon snack!

Today's snack: low-fat cottage cheese with blueberry fruit spread mixed in. Sorry that I don't have the exact brand of the fruit spread to share, but I will check tonight and post it. I haven't tasted this combo yet, but it looks soooo delicious! I'll be sure to give you all an update once I try it!


**Update: The brand of fruit spread is St. Dalfour - Wild Blueberry, and it was deee-licious blended with the cottage cheese. This snack will be making frequent appearances! 


The work day is almost over! Once last push!

9 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Blueberries always make everything (well, almost everything) taste better :0)

Good luck with the rest of your Wednesday!!

Sara said...

Your new snack looks delicious! I've been on a pineapple and cottage cheese kick lately...but blueberries sound wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

I adore little walking-with-your-ipod getaways!! You feel 100 times better when you come back :)

Anacaona looked *amazing*! I'm loving the pics!! :D

Anonymous said...

The cottage cheese & blueberries looks amazing! What brand of cottage cheese do you like?

Tina said...

Dulcie,

I buy the Friendship brand cottage cheese. It is delish!

Olga said...

I love cottage cheese with a twist! And your blog!

Thanks for the constant inspiration =]

Anonymous said...

I’m giving you an award Mrs. Mal(the Brillante Weblog 2008). Check out my blog for details.

Hope you had a great Wednesday!!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite snacks is cottage cheese, strawberries and fiber one. Yum-o!

Protea said...

That's such a good idea!
I sometimes have cottage cheese with a small fruit salad... mmm... but usually on toast with a little mustard or pesto!