Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Fours

Well, today was all about junky food... specifically, melty cheese. Mal was craving buffalo chicken nachos in a bad way from The Fours this evening. To be honest, I was in the mood for something healthy and colorful, but I could tell that Mal really wanted buffalo chicken nachos. Mal had to twist my arm, but I agreed to go to The Fours for dinner with him. 

Mmmmmmmmmm... buffalo chicken nachos...


The Four's buffalo chicken nachos are made with tri-colored, crispy tortilla chips, topped with chunks of breaded chicken, tomatoes, scallions, mozzarella, and buffalo sauce. They are so amazing! Best nachos in Boston! :) Together, Mal and I probably ate 3/4 of the portion. 


Lunch included more melty cheese. I made an open-face ham and swiss cheese sandwich on an English muffin in our office toaster oven. I also ate a banana for lunch. Nothing exciting to report about lunch, but it did the trick.  


The leftover office cookies tempted me again today. After my ham and swiss sandwich, I ate a half of a chocolate chunk cookie. It was scrumptious, but I think I am finally worn out on these cookies. Thank God! 


About an hour after lunch, my coworker and I grabbed a couple of Dunkin Donut iced coffees, which we enjoyed while relaxing in the courtyard.


My afternoon snack doesn't look pretty, but trust me, it was! My snack was plain yogurt mixed with fresh blackberries and raspberries. I love fresh berries in the summertime! They're the best!


New Gym

So, I'm trying out a new gym (well, I was a member in the past) bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm on the "guest list," so I get to use the gym for free tomorrow. I'm excited! However, there is a small gym in my apartment building that is free... but after a year of working out there, it has lost its excitement... and I really miss group exercise classes. I love the choreography of step aerobics and dance classes as well as the variety of yoga, pilates, spinning, and strength training, which (obviously) my building gym does not offer. It's also tough for me to challenge myself with what my apartment gym has to offer, and I don't want my fitness level to suffer. I hope that my commute works out. Sadly, I don't live or work near this gym, but I would love to join again-- I just need to figure out if it is worth the money (it's a VERY expensive gym). I'll be sure to let you know how things go tomorrow morning!

18 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Chocolate Chunk cookie?!?!? Hell yes.

Do keep us updated on the gym situation!!

Anonymous said...

sports club LA? I'm jonesing or a membership there-any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Sports Club LA in Boston in awesome, but my biggest problem with it is that it's SUCH a scene! Honestly, you have to look nice in the morning to work out! I kid, but I've been much happier with my Boston Sports Club membership. (Although the cafe at SCLA is really tasty...)

Mmmmm, everything looks yummy today, Tina.

Tina said...

hk and courtneys,

I've heard amazing things about Sports Club LA, but I am a Healthworks girl! I fell in love years ago! I used to live right near the one on Comm Ave., but now that I am south of the city, there isn't a location near me. The Back Bay HW is sort of close to where I work... just need to see if I can work it out.

Anonymous said...

I am lucky to have a gym at work. If you bring your bag in the morning, you have no excuse not to go after work! I use the treadmill in the winter, and take spinning. The best part: the fee comes of my pay and is only a few dollars!

Anonymous said...

tina, thanks for my very first blog comment! it's an honor!

your turkey burger inspired me to make some for lunch, and they were delicious! thanks!

Beth said...

healthy or no, those nachos look SCRUMPTIOUS!!! mmmmmm.

Caitlin said...

ps you are so lucky to have a spots club to go to!

Samantha said...

Enjoy your workout tomorrow, it is nice they are giving you a guest pass. I agree that variety is key to staying fit.

Erica said...

The gym's up in Boston are SO expensive. I use to be a member of the Boston Sports Club so I know your struggles! I hope you can work out a deal so you can get back to fitness classes.

Trying To Heal said...

mmm...cookie looks so good...i don't know how you only had 1/2!!! but nice will power!

and i hope this gym gives you the pzaz back that you had with your old gym...i'm jealous you have a free gym; i got nothin! haha!

ohh...berries and yogurt, one of my favs too!

miho said...

you've inspired me to make an effort to join more group classes in the gym when i get back home to london :)

Anonymous said...

I lived in Boston for a while and went to the Heathworks in Porter Sq. It was so good--I loved their spinning classes! I hope that you can figure out a way to swing Healthworks.

Anonymous said...

Tina, what a nice sacrifice to eat Buffalo Chicken Nachos for your new husband ;)

Good luck with the gym - finding one you like that will keep you motivated is so important!

Rose said...

Tina - I felt the same way that you do about my apartment gym. It was pretty nice, but I was just very unmotivated to go after a while (definitely lost its appeal). I really like group classes and have found my membership to be a really valuable purchase.

Hope it works out for you!

Anonymous said...

i saw you in Metro this morning ms. tina!!!! i was very very excited when I was reading it on the train.

good luck with the gym!!! i can only afford the crappiest gym in new york. seriously-their air conditioning only works 1/3rd of the time. blah.

Anonymous said...

The Back Bay Heathworks is great! I've never worked out there but I've gotten some really good massages. I think that's the one with the pool, too.

Speaking of working out, I'm going to try one of your treadmill interval workouts tomorrow - just for a change of pace! Thanks for posting those.

Anonymous said...

After seeing your DD coffee, I think I may need to escape some time this afternoon for a fabulous afternoon pick-me-up.

And I think my husband may be in heaven if he found chicken buffalo nachos. Those are honestly his two favorite foods. For my own waists benefit, I think I will keep this idea under lock and key.

Hope the gym went well!!

sweets&sweats