Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peanut Butter and Banana Panini

Mmmmmm... panini. Our panini maker is getting so much use. I love the thing! This morning's breakfast was a peanut butter, honey, and banana panini. The melty peanut butter, mushy banana, sweet honey, and warm whole grain bread was outstanding! So delicious all together! I could easily eat another, if I wasn't already full!


Also for breakfast, iced coffee with milk and sugar...


Red Sox-Yankees Game

The Red Sox lost in a close game last night. It was a bummer, but we had such a great time, I wasn't too upset about the outcome... plus it's only the first game in the series. 

Before the game, Mal and I and our friend, Josh (more about him next week!) checked out the new Bleacher Bar, which is located under the Fenway Park bleachers. The bar has a garage door that has been converted into a large window where you can watch the players warm up before the game. Very cool. We grabbed a beer there, and then met our friends at Boston Billards for more beers and food. 


Mal and I ordered a plate of nachos, but we barely ate them because they were so horrible! They were probably the worst nachos I've ever eaten-- hardly any cheese, few toppings, and soggy chips that were pretty much mush. So disgusting. Ewww. 


Newlyweds at Fenway... 


After our unfortunate nacho experience, Mal and I were still hungry, so we decided to get a couple of Fenway Franks at the game. 


I ate my frank with ketchup and mustard. I'm not a fan of white bread/buns, so I mostly just ate the dog. It was delish, especially when eaten at Fenway! I also drank 3 big beers at the game. The beer was flowing last night! Over the course the of night, I drank 5, and I am feeling it this morning!


We're off to a family reunion this afternoon. Mal is getting the grand introduction to my family today. Hope he's got his game face on! :) Happy Saturday!

19 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Now THAT is my ideal panino sandwich variety - yum!!

Yeah, that was too bad about the Sox losing :0( But hey, you still had fun at the game, so that's good!! :0)

Have fun at the family reunion!!

Beth said...

Don't you just HATE when things like that happen with the nachos??!?! They're one of my fave splurges, too, and when they come out gross it's so disappointing. Pizza, nachos and fries better be served perfectly hot and yummy if I'm gonna spend all those calories!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

*Swoons*

That's one of my favorite sandwiches!

And you're so pretty, by the way.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous in those pictures!! I love Fenway and miss getting to go to games! Sorry the nachos were mushy...that's terrible! Nachos aren't even hard to make! Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your husband! I remember making a genogram for Rob before his first family reunion. He was like, "Am I supposed to memorize this?!" Hope there's good food there! ;)

Sara said...

You're making me really, really want a panini makers, with all the delicious looking sandwiches you're making! :)

Becca said...

Your breakfast panini looks so good!

Too bad about the nachos, I would have sent them back!

Anonymous said...

My son would be drooling knowing you were AT the red sox game! H eloves them.

The peanut butter and banana panini is an interesting idea.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous looking night. Nothing like some cold beers at a baseball game! It is like the perfect American pasttime.

Have fun at the family reunion and introducing the full family to Mal. I'm sure it'll be a blast!

sweetsandsweats

Roni said...

lol never in a million years would i do that to a banana. LMAO

Anonymous said...

I know what you're saying about white bread/buns, after eating whole grain bread or great crusty loaves, it's a weird experience.

Anyway, starting on Monday, my boyfriend and I are going meatless for thirty days. I know you eat meat, but you also have some great meatless meals and snacks from time to time, so if you or any of your readers have any suggestions for us, please check out our new blog and leave us a note.

Thanks and enjoy the reunion!

Heather

Anonymous said...

It's www.hangrypants.com by the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is my favorite sandwich combo but it never occurred to me to make it toasted and melty. Looks so good!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm I'm drooling over your breakfast :) It looks amazing! Sorry to hear about the soggy nachos, ew. Have fun at the family reunion!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your post for a few weeks now, and I finally decided to leave a comment!
That panini looks sooo yummy! Everything you make, makes me want to try it!

Fitnessista said...

i usually just eat the "dog" too :)

looks like you had fun! enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Quinn said...

Despite the fact that I have to not like the Sox by default of the fiance (we're major Mets fans), it looks like you had a great time. Nothing better at a game than beer and a dog. Have a great weekend!

A l a i n said...

C'est très bon, enfin pas pour moi.Je préfère la cuisine Thaï...

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are Yankees folks, so we were thrilled about the game- but sorry for your disappointment. I totally agree with you on white bread- it's pretty ick- likr as fluffy mound of nothing.

And more importantly, Tina, you are absolutely gorgeous- in a wedding dress or a tank top and baseball cap! You and Mal are the absolute cutest couple.

Mike and I are headed up to Boston in August and are so excited to be seeing a Sox/Bluejays game at Fenway! I will tell him we def. have to go to that bar, but not get nachos.