Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Picture Perfect

I finally got to play with our new camera tonight. I've been meaning to use it more often, but my little Canon PowerShot is what I know and it's just easier, especially if you are constantly taking photos of everything you eat. I included a mix of new and old camera photos to compare the quality-- there is a big difference!

Dinner tonight was shrimp pad thai with lots of veggies. This photo was taken by the new camera...


This photo is from the old camera...


This is a new camera photo as well... quite the noticeable difference, huh? 


Dessert obsession: Toasted English muffin with peanut butter and butterscotch chips. YUM! I love this combo as a dessert! 


Our shrimp pad thai included red peppers, carrots, mini corn, snap peas, and red onions, which was a rainbow of veggies.


Colorful veggies cooking on the stove...


We used a Thai Kitchen Pad Thai meal-in-a-box as the base of our dinner. With some shrimp and veggies, it turned into a delicious and satisfying meal. 


Afternoon Snack

My afternoon snack was Stonyfield peach yogurt with Barbara's Shredded Oats cereal. I added 1.25 cups of cereal to my yogurt. It didn't all fit at once, so I added it as I ate my yogurt. The cereal remained crisp and crunchy while sitting in my yogurt, and its flavor was sweet, but not overwhelming or artificial-- it sort of reminded me of oatmeal in cereal form. I'm a huge fan of this stuff! It's the perfect snack!


I'm exhausted after today! The first day of Summer Session was crazy! I think an early bedtime is in my very near future. Good night, all! 

6 Comments:

Beth said...

If you like that cereal, try the vanilla flavor shredded oats. FAB! Especially mixed with chocolate chips... :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Your "dessert obsession" looks fantastic (especially in the photograph taken with your new camera!)- oh my.

Have a good evening!!

Erica said...

Dinner looks wayyy yummy! Your new camera is awesome!

sarah (SHU) said...

baby corn rules. and i need to buy butterscotch chips.

Anonymous said...

That new camera takes great pictures! Perfect addition for a food picture blog! I can't wait to see more :o)

Allyson said...

New camera pics look great! Congrats :)