Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thunderstorm!

It's crazy outside right now-- thunder, lightning, wind, and rain. Yowsahs! Let's hope it clears up before I have to leave work... I didn't bring an umbrella today.

Lunch today was leftover's from last night's dinner of shrimp pad thai. Some days, my leftovers surprise me and actually taste just as good as the actual meal. Today's lunch, however, was sort of a disappointment. The noodles were sticky and bland, and the veggies tasted like, well, old leftover veggies. Oh well. I still ate the whole portion.


Luckily, lunch included my favorite flavor of Larabars: Ginger Snap. It was a wonderful way to finish off a not-so-great lunch. (Check out the scribbles on my to-do list. I'm trying to get a lot done before I leave next week for 9 days!)


My afternoon snack was a repeat of the last 2 days. Sorry that my meals are so boring this week. We're heading to Vermont tomorrow, and then we are getting married and honeymooning, so we're trying to finish up the groceries that we already have in the apartment since we won't be home much. Actually, the meals will probably get more interesting once we get really low on food! :)

8 Comments:

Daphne said...

Unfortunately I never find rice noodles reheat well! I made Thai Kitchen's savory garlic noodles for dinner on Monday (with tofu, broccoli, carrots, garlic scapes, and bamboo shoots) and it was SO good - but yesterday's leftovers were completely mediocre. Whenever I order pad thai at a restaurant, I skip the Thai iced tea and appetizer or dessert so I have room for most or all of it - because it's not worth it to take it home. It will just taste weird the next day!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, you're headed to Vermont tomorrow already?? How fun!!

Anonymous said...

ahh 10 more days! im getting so excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

free samples! i took yotta up on their offer for samples... i received mine in the mail today. i just took a tiny bite of each one: the cherry bar is very cherry flavored; i think orange is my favorite, it's not as overpowering... and apple cinnamon is a distant third.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!! I found your blog some time ago and now I resolve to comment. I love your blog and I am very excited about your big day... I hope you and Mal have a GREAT, BIG day!!!! I am starting blogging too, I hope this help me to lose weight and I hope get some friends.

Anonymous said...

I love trying to make meals out of whatever random foods happen to be in the house. The less that's available the better. It really forces your food creativity to work its magic!

Have a great time in Vermont!

Ann said...

Hi Tina! Like I've said before, it's fun to read someone's blog that's in Boston too. It has been crazy weather! I met a friend for lunch today and we were drenched :-( Oh well! So I made TJ's pot stickers two nights ago and your eggplant parm tonight...They were both amazing!! Thank you! My husband is a big fan. So yummy! Our 1 year anniversary was yesterday...I hope your wedding is as amazing as ours was. Best of luck and congratulations! I can't wait to see pics...

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Haha, Ariana-I took Yotta up on the free samples too. Still waiting on them though...
I love free stuff :)