Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blog Tag

I was tagged by Heather of Hangry Pants, and since I haven't eaten my breakfast yet (and have nothing to post), I'll start with a little game of tag. I've played a few times in the past already, so this is going to be tough!

Tag Rules:

1. Link back to the person that tagged you;

2. Post the rules of tagging on your blog;

3. Blog about 6 unspectacular quirks about yourself;

4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them; and

5. Leave a comment on the blogs you tag so they know they are “it.”

1. I have a weird odd number thing. For instance, I need to set my alarm for an odd time, the volume on the tv/stereo/radio must be on an odd number, if I buy fruit, I always pick an odd number. Any odd number is fine except for 13-- not a fan of that number!

2. I've never broken a bone (knock on wood!)

3. I grew up very poor, but because of it, I can really stretch a dollar! I am an amazing bargain shopper, love coupons, and take advantage of good deals when they come along. My mom taught me well! :)

4. The first time that I met Mal I did not like him at all! When Mal was in junior high, I met him at a party, and he acted like such a jerk to me! Thankfully, he grew up (sort of)! :)

5. The love of my life is travel. I wish that I did a lot more of it. The next place on my list is Greece!

6. The ocean (and deep water, in general) bug me out. I watched too many of the Jaws movies as a kid, and now I really don't like swimming in deep water. Snorkeling on our honeymoon was an adventure!

And... I hereby tag:

Allyson at Angel's Food

Kate at Winning Friends with Salad

Andrea and Erin at Care to Eat

Erika at Run, Roam, Recycle

Christina at She Runs, She Eats

I apologize if you guys have already been tagged!

3 Comments:

Rosiecat24 said...

I grew up poor, too, Tina! Somehow I always feel a sort of camaraderie with people who share that aspect of my childhood with me.

I think if you grow up poor, it's hard to take money and abundance for granted! I think it has also given me a huge sense of gratitude for the pleasure found in free or inexpensive activities, like walking in the park along Lake Michigan or making homemade flat breads.

HangryPants said...

I also set my alarm clock for odd numbers! I think I like them better. :)

By the way, love the new picture!

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who NEEDED the tv volume to be an increment of 5. Unfortunately the remote he had was very temperamental so it would take a good 10 tries to get it to the exact volume he needed. It drove me INSANE haha.

I do have to say that I set my alarm clock to strange numbers too--they don't have to be odd necessarily, just not normal. Like 7:03 instead of 7:00. Those extra 3 minutes are vital!