Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ladies 80's

After a quick, but worthwhile, workout at the gym, I met up with Mal, Josh, and Danielle for Ladies 80's Night at Red Sky near Faneuil Hall in downtown Boston.

ATTENTION BOSTON READERS: At Ladies 80's Night (on Tuesdays) you get a complimentary 3 course meal with a $10 drink purchase! That's right-- free dinner! You just have to buy a minimum of $10 worth of drinks, which means 1 martini (or 2 glasses of wine), and all of your food is complimentary! (I think non-alcoholic drinks are eligible as well.) And the best part of the deal is the 80's music! Love it! The waitresses were even dressed in 80's attire! :)

To help fulfill my $10 drink minimum, I started with a glass of chardonnay.


For the complimentary meal, Red Sky has a prefix three course menu for the ladies. For the first course, I chose the house salad-- it was basically lettuce and shredded carrots with olive oil and vinegar, but it was very good. The other first course option was cream of celery soup with blue cheese croutons, which Danielle ordered. She and Josh both enjoyed it.


The main course was a choice of cheese ravioli or a chicken and rice dish-- I ordered the ravioli and Danielle ordered the chicken. We were both pleasantly surprised with our dishes. Both were very small portions, but we agreed it was the perfect amount of food for a three course meal. (Sorry that the photo is so dark-- the lighting was very dim inside the restaurant.)


The final course was a small piece of cheesecake drizzled with chocolate sauce. Again, it was a tiny portion, but perfect as part of a three course meal.


I had to meet the $10 drink minimum to receive my dinner for free, so I ordered another glass of chardonnay, which I easily finished off. After one glass, the second goes down so easily! I'm definitely buzzed off 2 glasses of wine! Oh boy! Somehow, I need to wake up bright and early for yoga! Night, all!

17 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I love the lighting on your dinner plate - so pretty! :0)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place! Love 80's music too!!
:)

Tony said...

Yummy cheesecake!!! I want some from The Cheesecake Factory now.

Samantha said...

That restaurant sounds cool - 80's music is definitely a bonus. I think that me & my husband will have to give it a try. Are your friends settled into their new pad? Do they like living in MA?

Quinn said...

That sounds like my ideal night --- 80s music, vino, and a free meal. Glad you had fun!

Erica said...

That place sounds awesome. I still have a bundle of friends that live up that way and my one friend Kelley LOVES the 80's! I have to tell her about this!

HangryPants said...

Looks like a great night.

You've been Blog Tagged. Hope you don't mind. :)

See my blog for details, please.

Caitlin said...

dang!! what a deal! thats a pretty ginormous glass of wine :)

i LOVE free food. it always tastes better.

Amanda said...

wow a free 3 course meal to go along with your drinks? Im in! Is this an every night thing at this restaurant?

Nicole said...

I can't believe I have go so long without knowing about this deal! Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be heading over there soon!

Anonymous said...

I love 80's music and ladies night with free dinner sounds awesome! Too bad Boston is about 14 hours away!

Anonymous said...

What a cool deal!!!

Tina said...

Amanda and others,

The Ladies 80's night is only on Tuesdays, but Red Sky has a ton of other good deals-- 1/2 price apps and stuff like that. It's a fun place! :)

Tina said...

Sammie,

Yep, they are pretty much settled in-- just putting the final touches on their apartment now. Our friends actually lived in Boston before moving to DC, but this is their first time living south of the city. I think they really like it so far! :)

arielle said...

We have a red sky here too. Unfortunately it doesn't offer that. That is one hell of a deal, I would be there every Tuesday!

Rose said...

Don't you love Ladies Nights? I know I do - and what a great deal. All that food + drink for $10 - nice!

chandra said...

I love everything 80's!! I'm SO jealous! I want to go there!