Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crazy Busy

I just got put on 2 more projects at work, which I would typically be excited about (I like the variety), but not when I have a million things to do already! Don't you hate that!? Just when you think you are making progress, you get slammed with even more stuff. Blah. Anyway, today's lunch post is going to be speedy-- I have a meeting at 2:00!

Lunch was leftover polenta mixed with steam zucchini, tomato slices, shredded cheddar cheese, and marinara sauce. I liked the polenta a lot better in this form. The cold stabs just weirded me out!


Lunch also included a Cherry Pie Larabar. This is a good one! I love the "tartness" of the cherry! Yuuum!


Most likely I won't have time to post my snack later this afternoon, but for the record, it is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese mixed with strawberry slices. I'm off to the gym after work, then I am meeting Mal and our new neighbors for dinner downtown. We're trying a new restaurant! I'll be sure to give a full report later tonight!

Happy Tuesday!

14 Comments:

Erica said...

I want larbars! Where do you buy yours...I can't find them anywhere :(

Tina said...

Erica,

I buy them at Stop & Shop or Whole Foods.

Anon said...

have fun tonight!!!

Allyson said...

YAY!! I love cherry pie! Have you had the chocolate cherry flavor??

Anonymous said...

christne this is your mother! I was checking out your blog because it's one way to find out what you are up to. I got a super deal on strawberries at IDYLWILDE FARMS and I notice you had fresh strawberries for snack today. I am cutting them up and freezing them so be sure to get sone the next time you are home. Say hi to Mal!

jenjenwrites said...

hey, your meals look delicious but i have some question. how does polenta taste?? is it grainy? mushy? corn y? chewy? oo and how about the cherry flavored larabar. i am very hesitant to try that flavor because i absolutely hate anything cherry flavored! i love real cherries though but the artificially flavored cherry things taste so much like medicine. sorry for the ramble.

Samantha said...

How cute is your mom leaving you a message on your blog. :)
I think that polenta dish sounds good, I really need to try some new things. You get so creative with your grains, thanks for sharing all your recipes. Looking forward to the restaurant review.

Anonymous said...

jenjenwrites-I just was going to let you know that I too don't like cherry flavored things, but like cherries! I tried the larabar though and it is delicious! I think I like it because it's real cherries and not artificial kind that most cherry flavored things are made of.

Anonymous said...

I saw you made oat bran this mornign this has been my staple for so many months I just cant go back to oatmeal for some reason... and the combo with pumpkin, apples and walnuts is always the best!

Caitlin said...

hahaha that comment from your mom cracks me up! i love it.

i want to try that larabar so badly! we only have three kinds at our grocery store.

Anonymous said...

I have only had polenta a few times and didn't love it, but I think I am going to give it another try! Thanks for the inspiration! Also, Erica - you can get Larabars at Costco too! As well Cliff and a few others.
:)

HangryPants said...

Is that really your mom??? Too funny.

There should be a "Mom's of Food Bloggers Support Group."

- Heather

Christina said...

Was that really your mom? I thought your full name was ChristinA, and I didn't see where you ate strawberries today!?!

Tina said...

Christina,

Yep, that was my mom and my full name is ChristinA. My mom used to call me ChristinE when I was in trouble as a kid-- not sure why it stuck as a nickname.

I ate strawberries and cottage cheese as a snack yesterday-- no photo, but it wrote about it at the end of the post.