Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Broccoli Slaw



When I was grocery shopping this past weekend, I came across a bag of Organic Broccoli Slaw. The moment I saw it, I knew it had potential! The bag is a mixture of shredded broccoli and carrots, and I used it to make a coleslaw-like side dish. 


Broccoli Slaw
Makes 9 servings (1/2 cup)

1 bag broccoli slaw (or approx. 4.5 cups shredded veggies)
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup sliced almonds

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Serve chilled. 

Dinner also included a quesadilla made with ground turkey (from last night's meat loaf), roasted red peppers, parsley, mozzarella cheese, red onions, and jalapenos. 


My Girl's Night In is off to a great start! Dinner was fab, I'm in the middle of baking something yummy, and I just started "beatifying" myself. I just put on a face mask and my mani/pedi stuff is ready to go. Love nights like these! 

Be back in a little bit with my baking post! :)

3 Comments:

Rose said...

Great idea, Tina. Love the recipe - will have to try it soon.

Enjoy your Girl's Night in!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wonderful recipe!! Keep having a great Girl's Night In!! :0)

Anonymous said...

I love broccoli slaw! I like to use it in a quick stir fry. You know those nights when you get home and are starving but don't want to cut up a bunch of veggies? Just toss a little soy sauce on these babies and it's a quick, simple dinner. :)