Sunday, August 24, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Mmmmmm... buffalo chicken pizza. I knew as soon as I saw this recipe, I NEEDED to make it! The recipe is based off one from A Taste of Home Cooking, a food blog that features wonderful comfort food.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

one ball of whole wheat pizza dough (I used Stop & Shop brand)
chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Chicken sauce
1 tbsp butter (I used Olivio)
3 fresh scallions, chopped
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  • Put the Frank's and butter into a small saucepan. Add chicken and heat over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
  • Roll out dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
  • Spread the ranch dressing over dough, then top with half of the mozzarella and half of the scallions.
  • Spoon chicken pieces and a little of the sauce onto the pizza dough. Try not to use too much sauce as it will make the dough soggy.
  • Cover dough with remaining mozzarella cheese and scallions.
  • Drizzle additional Frank’s over the pizza, if you desire.
  • Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until dough is crisped to your liking.
Hot pizza right out of the oven...


My portion... Mal and I ate our dinner on our balcony as the sun set. I love summer evenings! So nice!


Dessert was the perfect summer evening treat: Lemon Sorbetto. It was light and smooth, and slightly sweet and tart at the same time. Very refreshing. I topped my serving with fresh raspberries.


Time to get my Sunday started! It's another beautiful day in Boston!

15 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Lemon sorbet with raspberries?!?!?! Oooh, divine.

Happy Sunday!

Samantha said...

I have seen that Sorbetto at S&S and wondered about the flavor. Since I have to be careful with dairy (rBGH hormone problem), I have been thinking about buying sorbet but sometimes it is soooo sweet. Would you say this one was has a good balance between sweet & tart flavors?
Love that pizza - don't you think home made is the best?

Caitlin said...

pizza looks amazing! have a nice day!

HangryPants said...

I love that brand of sorbetto! Your pizza ... yummy!

Enjoy the beuatiful day, Tina.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow incredible looking dinner, i looove bbq chicken pizza! looks pretty simple as well! it's nice to be able to cherish summer evenings while we've still got 'em. have a great sunday! :)

Tina said...

Sammie,

It was definitely a good balance of both sweet and tart. I love lemon-flavored things when they are a little sweet.

Totally agree about homemade pizza! We love it and make it a lot (if you haven't noticed)! :)

And yes, we should try to get together again. I proposed a monthly dinner or something like that in the email that Elina sent. Hopefully, we can get everyone together again!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tina!! That pizza looks amazing!

Trying To Heal said...

mmmm...lemon sorbet with raspberries!!! sounds so good!

and so does your pizza!

have a great sunday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I used to work at a restaurant that served Buffalo Chicken Wraps. We used bleu cheese instead of ranch...that's what I would try on your pizza!

Danielle said...

Beautiful day here too, have a glorious Sunday!

Unknown said...

that pizza looks fabulous!! I've never liked chicken wings (too much work too little meat), but this seems like the perfect way to enjoy them!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I'm glad you liked the Buffalo Chicken Pizza. It's a favorite in our house. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey- I am in RI, but I would love to come up to Boston for the next blog dinner! I dont have my own blog, but I am a loyal reader :)

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks amazing! I have pizza on our menu this week, I will have to make mine the Buffalo Chicken way. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made the pizza!!! And you are a much better "dough roler" than I! :-) It looks great!