Saturday, August 23, 2008

KERF Blog Dinner

The blog dinner was a success! I met so many amazing and intelligent women at Z Square tonight! I'm so excited that they all live in (or close to) Boston! Ladies, we should get together again soon! :)


Back row (l-r): Ryane, Sammie, Elina, Sarah, Sabrina, Laura, Courtney, Brooke
Front row (l-r): Heather, me, Kath

To start, Sabrina offered to share her marinated olive plate with me. I munched on a piece of grilled flatbread and few olives before our entrees arrived. The creamy white bean puree that accompanied the flatbread and olives was especially delicious! 


While waiting for everyone to arrive, I ordered a glass of Chardonnay. 


Like Kath, Elina, and Sarah, I ordered the Moroccan Vegetable Stew with couscous, raisins, and goat cheese. I loved the slight spiciness of the dish and all of the root vegetables in it! The root veggies actually made me excited for the fall season! 


With dinner, I ordered another glass of Chardonnay. I heart wine!


After Z Square, the group headed to Boston Beer Works for a post-dinner brew. Here's a shot of the food bloggers at Beer Works-- Kath, Sammie, and me. 


For my beer, I ordered a Bunker Hill Blueberry Ale, which was served with fresh blueberries. This beer always reminders me of summer. Delish! 


What a FUN night! Kath, THANK YOU for planning such a wonderful evening!!!!!

14 Comments:

Protea said...

Looks like you guys had a really good time! Blueberry beer sound delicious! ... no, we don't have that here... And as you start getting in fall season mood, we turn the heat uo down here!
: )))))) about time.... Have a lovely weekend! D

Anonymous said...

haha yay for the blogging dinner! im jealous! looks like so much fun, and that's quite a big group!!

thanks for all the pictures, Tina!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to meet you last night, Tina! We should all get together again soon for another great evening out.

Anonymous said...

Lovely recap!! You guys better not have too much found without me down South by myself!

HangryPants said...

I love summery beers! Looks like a great group of women and so cool you got to meet readers.

Heather

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Aww, so fun!!! Definitely looks like everyone had a great meal with great company :0) Hooray for blogger meet-ups!!

Caitlin said...

you look like you had a blast! wish i couldve been there!

Amanda said...

I wish I was in Boston for the summer! I am jealous of all you ladies getting together and I hope you have a repeat dinner at some point when I get back to Boston in the fall! :)

Fitnessista said...

what a fun night!! wish i lived closer!!! (totally jealous)
i'm not a big beer fan (i adore wine though) but i'm pretty sure i would drink one with blueberries in it!
enjoy your weekend!

Lauren said...

I was just reading Kath's blog, and her plans to eat in the North End tonight made me think of Giacomo's...just wondering if you've ever been there? It was my absolute favorite restaurant in Boston when we lived there.

Tina said...

Lauren,

I haven't been there yet. I actually haven't eaten in the North End all that much, but I'd like to change that! :)

Anonymous said...

Tina, it was so nice to meet you the other night!

Maybe our next KERF reader dinner should be out in the North End, break you in a little!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! :)

Tina said...

Ryane,

It was so nice meeting you too! I agree about the North End-- it's next on the list! :)