Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Never-Ending Leftovers

The polenta that I made for dinner on Monday night is the never-ending batch of leftovers! I finally ate the very last of it for lunch today. My polenta was combined with steamed zucchini, marinara sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese. I am really starting to like polenta! Very tasty! I'm glad that I gave it another try! And thanks to those of you who shared polenta recipes with me-- I have so many good polenta ideas now!


Lunch also included cottage cheese mixed with fresh strawberries and Stop & Shop high fiber cereal (it's basically Fiber One, but a lot cheaper).


My afternoon snack is a Kashi TLC Chewy Granola Bar. My lunch is holding me over quite well, but I already want to dig into this granola bar! I'm craving sweet and nutty! I'm going to try to wait another 30 minutes or so...


Like most days, I craved something sweet after eating lunch. I decided on a mini Kit Kat...


... and 5 minutes later, a Rolo and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.


This day is flying! Let's hope the afternoon goes just as fast! This rainy weather is making me want my PJ's and couch badly!

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I totally know what you mean...rainy weather makes me sooo sleepy! It's so hard to get pumped up to go skate when it's cloudy and wet out! And your candy made me smile- Kit Kats and Rolos are childhood favs! I always made sure my Mom bought Kit Kats for part of halloween stash for trick or treaters. Then I would make sure I got all of the leftovers!

Happy Wednesday! Hang in there! You'll be home soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute new picture!

Anonymous said...

That was me...cute picture...sorry :)

Samantha said...

The weather today really is a drag, it is not just rainy but also very gloomy. I am looking forward to seeing the sun again. Nice new picture, I like the background, very natural. (I think that is one of the photos you shared from your honeymoon?)

Anonymous said...

All right everybody…some MENU HELP!!! We are going here tonight: http://www.aristosgreekrestaurant.com
Please weigh in with your choices, but keep in mind that I don’t eat “white” carbs…ie: white rice, white pita, etc.

THANKS!

Unknown said...

Hey Tina!

I can't believe you have a thing for odd numbers, too! I'm the same way. My fiance and friends think I'm crazy for it, but I just don't like the evens like I like the odds!

As always, your food looks delish. Your dedication to healthy living is so inspiring!

Keep it up,
Paula

Erica said...

Hey Tina- Just curious, what is your favorite bar of all time?

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I love reading your blog and you do a great job! I was just wondering what type of cottage cheese that is like 2% or 1% or nonfat. Sometimes it tastes really salty to me and I'm not sure if the type would make a difference. Have any idea? Also I have that exact same bottle of the agave nectar that you used from the last post. I love that stuff!

Tina said...

Erica,

My favorite bar of all time? I am assuming you mean the food, not the place, right? :) My favorite bar ever is a Ginger Snap Larabar. Love, love love!

Laura,

I like Friendship 1% cottage cheese. I'm not sure why it would taste salty-- have you tried some different brands?

Erica said...

Hahah yah food bar ;). Nice! As soon as we move (and live near a whole foods!!) I am going to try these Larabars. Maybe I will try that flavor first!